The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Otto Roth New LC / Personna
Morris & Forndran
Floris No. 89 shave soap / aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
14C95D9D-C172-438A-98AC-99A285C546C3.jpeg
There was some post yesterday on vintage and OC Gillettes. Interesting enough one of the most efficient and beloved DE Razors is the New LC. However, did you know that Otto Roth had a patent and re-issued patent on the LC, before Gillette bought Otto Roth Inc. out. I am lucky enough to have this gem of a razor that was gifted to me by the @The Monkey many years, and many forums ago. It is it’s original condition. I have contemplated re-plating, but the patina is a story
BB9DB7A7-47DA-42EB-8C28-EFBDB50F95A8.jpeg
It is a fantastic shaver and today was no different 3-passes with the Floris and Forndran. Quinn’s Lavender added to the “Bond Style” shave. A great way to wrap up my Friday and a very busy week at the shop

Thanks for stopping by

Gillette Fatboy / Personna
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave
Brut Special Reserve Cologne
Pinaud Clubman Talc

10.16.2022.jpg
Very nice "retro" shave today with all items my father used on almost a daily basis
(Video posted)
Also there had been some talk on lathering Williams so I included that on my video as well. I had planned on Sleeping in until about 0700 this morning, however our Concierge Staff, or some of them anyway became "Chatty Cathys" at around 0500. Not realizing that it was still dark in some parts of the world, but as we know with @Scuttlesoap and the "East Coasters" that it is all about them, and what with "The sexiest bald head" being awake, his groupie , and "mancrush" from the West Coast had to get into the convo. Not to mention, @CVargo, whom apparently was so excited about the Utah game, that he did not sleep. My own Fault that I did not turn the notifications off. Let me tell you however, these guys, or some of them, certain USAF retirees excluded, are like a sewing circle.... Blah, Blah, Blah, just kidding it was good to get up that early, or I would have missed the rain, and fog... A Cigar... and three shots of espresso, and a Latte. With that much Caffeine I am now counting all the rocks on our 7-acres, and should be done at this rate in about 30-minutes. Coffee is GOOOD! :coffee:

Anyway great shave before the sun came up.... again. At least Kona joined me on the patio, and of course, promptly fell asleep! I guess I can sleep during our zoom call today, LOL

Have a Blessed Sunday and thanks for stopping by

Otto Roth New LC / Personna
Morris & Forndran
Floris No. 89 shave soap / aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
View attachment 95673
There was some post yesterday on vintage and OC Gillettes. Interesting enough one of the most efficient and beloved DE Razors is the New LC. However, did you know that Otto Roth had a patent and re-issued patent on the LC, before Gillette bought Otto Roth Inc. out. I am lucky enough to have this gem of a razor that was gifted to me by the @The Monkey many years, and many forums ago. It is it’s original condition. I have contemplated re-plating, but the patina is a story
View attachment 95675
It is a fantastic shaver and today was no different 3-passes with the Floris and Forndran. Quinn’s Lavender added to the “Bond Style” shave. A great way to wrap up my Friday and a very busy week at the shop

Thanks for stopping by
I remember that razor...a great shaver! Glad it is still in use.

CV Heljestrand MK#31 Ivory 5/8
Sorrentino GID Barzini / Cashmere
Capt's Choice North Shave Soap
Clubman Gents Gin AS
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT
Alum
Talc

10.18.2022.jpg

Juniper, Juniper and more Juniper.... Along with some fire, smoke, and a pine tree smacking you in the face while chasing a 7-up with a Gin & Tonic! That sums up today's shave in a nutshell. great 3-pass shave with the MK*31 just goodness and Screaming dolphins all the way.
( Video posted)
BIG CONTEST!! we made to 800 Subscribers so see the video for contest details!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kona is Kona.. that is all

5198DB9E-BFE3-411A-9381-0CEF3771D90C.jpeg

E8689AB2-C859-4705-8A6A-6C0B732DA516.jpeg
Last two days. Both good DE shaves and good accoutrements as well.

The shop has been extremely busy with late nights. Thanksgiving plans are getting possibly screwed up as we recently found out that nieces, nephews and other family may be coming from all parts of the US and Canada to visit. Hopefully we will know soon as I was really looking forward to vacationing in Utah with my precocious 2nd son

That’s about it, steady as she goes

Weber PH Classic / Personna
Sorrentino Barzini
Acqua Di Parma shave soap
Reuzel Aftershave
MK Tribute Cologne
279C2836-7109-4CAD-85BC-65B1AD603E03.jpeg
Back of the locker shave today. Forgot I still had this soap, as the as, and EdP were long gone. Forgot how nice this stuff is, barring the cost. Probably will replace. The Reuzel is alway nice for a true Barbershop AS. Finally the MK Tribute to finish it off

Kona was up and on patrol early and chased a few complaining resident racoons away, woke up the chickens and ducks, and , of course, came in for his jerky

It is my Friday, and ready for some days off and a new purchase this weekend

Have a great day folks

Back