The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

J. Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Matt DeRuiter PJ Purple Neon / Synth
THB Lavender Creeper Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Penhaligon's Bayolea EdT
Talc
09.19.2022.jpg

All about the Intrepid Gold Dollar contestants and Lavender today. The contest is in full swing and we cannot wait to see what @Smattayu , @Luecke3262, @Majorrich , and @Fenster come up with. Good shave and proof that a GD66 can be made into a wonderful shaver. 3-passed today DSBBS and.... LAVENDERPALOOZA
( Video posted)

The Kona Files:
Again "El Doggo"is on the Naughty List! Not for an early waking, not for chewing stuff up, but more importantly for being an escape artist. Early today I had to take the Car up for a Service, and Sharon had come to pick me up, as I had to leave the car. When we arrived home we found Kona rompiing around the large yard at the Security Gate. Hmmm our back yard has a steel gate and the side yard has a wooden gate. The gate off the porch is about 5ft, and the side gate about 7ft. Did he jump? As you all know he has been mastering his "Reindeer" take offs as of late, so the assumption was he bolted over the fence when he saw Sharon leave, as it was nice enough to leave him outside. Nope that was not it. Upon inspection of the side gate he decided to remove some of the slats of the gate ( wood) and crawl under. So a repair, is in order. Needless to say he has gone treatless today, and has been avoiding me a s much as possible..

Thanks for stopping by

Vorpal 13/16 ( GD66 Mod)
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Seaforth Black Watch Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Talc

09.20.2022.jpg
Another great shave with the Black Watch, and in honor of our intrepid GD66 Customizers, another shave with a Gold Dollar Mod. This time the infamous "Vorpal Sword" as see in the epic 2016 Movie "The Legend of TabacaVeg". 3-passes and a great finish with all the other good stuff.

KONA FILES:
After all his excitement yesterday he made sure to "buddy up" to me last night on the couch and slept, and dreamt of chasing stuff, and even followed me to bed. His way of apologizing, and indicating the old adage "Happiness is a warm puppy". He was back to his old self today romping around and tossing the remnants of the Porterhouse bone we gave him last week. It has become his "Woobie" So all is back to normal in KonaLand

Thanks for stopping by
( Today's Video Shave posted )

Blackland Vector ( the undisputed best SE razor in the known Universe, Multiverse, and even in @NurseDave ’s mind, although he denies it)
Sorrentino Corleone
Sapone di Paolo shave soap
Royall Mandarin
Flor de Naranja
45AB3E45-4154-4FB9-AA75-6A3C6E482FE7.jpeg
O’Dark Thirty shave and just a great simple shave with Orange as the star of the show

Blackland Vector ( the undisputed best SE razor in the known Universe, Multiverse, and even in @NurseDave ’s mind, although he denies it)
Undisputed.
It’s not a fight he’s wrong that’s simple. Right @Scuttlesoap @Graybeard57 😜😜
It's curious how some people hold onto wrong ideas, refusing to be dissuaded with facts. Has anyone else noticed N Dave always assumes he's right, especially since getting his master's? Downright uppity, he is. ;)

Essence razor / Pro-guard
Sorrentino / Synth
Pannacrema Nuavia Verde
Nivea
Daytona
Alum
Quinns
Talc

09.25.2022.jpg
Good shave today. A bit of an afternoon shave as I had some running around to do and give the car a bath after some rain this week. While I was at it, I went ahead and waxed and detailed.... again @Fenster LOL

IMG_8108.JPG

So afternoon shower and shave to prepare for the Big Baby Reveal from @CVargo and @mvargo . We are looking forward to that. Oh yea the Shave.... 3 passes and gave "some learnin" to @NurseDave and @Majorrich on their across the face passes with a straight. Hopefully it helps. DSBBS and Smellin Fantastic... I think it might be cigar time

Kona is doing his normal Kona thang.

Video posted

Have a Blessed Sunday all

Essence razor / Pro-guard
Sorrentino / Synth
Pannacrema Nuavia Verde
Nivea
Daytona
Alum
Quinns
Talc

View attachment 94291
Good shave today. A bit of an afternoon shave as I had some running around to do and give the car a bath after some rain this week. While I was at it, I went ahead and waxed and detailed.... again @Fenster LOL

View attachment 94293

So afternoon shower and shave to prepare for the Big Baby Reveal from @CVargo and @mvargo . We are looking forward to that. Oh yea the Shave.... 3 passes and gave "some learnin" to @NurseDave and @Majorrich on their across the face passes with a straight. Hopefully it helps. DSBBS and Smellin Fantastic... I think it might be cigar time

Kona is doing his normal Kona thang.

Video posted

Have a Blessed Sunday all

She is looking good (y). And that reminds me, I am about due for the biannual drive through car wash...I might even spring for the extra $1 and get the "Deluxe Wash" with the spray on wax. 😂

Back