The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Filarmonica Shootout Day #
Filarmonica 14 Medallon Taurino Reposado

08.30.2022.JPEG
Final day with the Fili's and a very nice shave. She is not as pretty as the others, but all Original . Overall in the shootout I have to give the 12 the overall win. All the soaps and accoutrements worked very well. Afternoon shave today, as unlike @CVargo I do my own mowing and yardwork around the Ranch, not watching from the living room while eating bon bons, sipping bourbon, and drinking beer. No wonder he looks so much older than me LOL

THE KONA FILES:
Even "El Doggo" does more in the yard than Chad. While mowing today, hw rooted out some ground squirrels, a tarantula, a bull and King snake, and a covey of Quail. He was a busy boy. OH and he has started a new tradition of bringing sticks and rocks of all sizes to the back porch, along with the occasional egg and critter bits.

Thanks for stopping by
( video posting soon )

05 September 2022 - Journal Supplemental

A little bit different post today.

Irony is a funny thing. Just watched @NurseDave 's video today, and then received a phone call that one of my long term clients passed away today. RON JUNKIN, a retired professional referee, came in for a Full Service haircut and shave every week. He noted at the end for his wife to tell his wife how much he enjoyed our appointments together. He cam in every two weeks for the "Full Monty". Hair Cut, International Shave, Facial, and style. It was his 1.5 hours of self indulgence every week. He his wife in over 70+ years of going to a barber, that I was his best, and one who continued the "Old Ways" of Barbering and Tradition. That may not mean much to come of you in the days of Self Haircuts, and $8.00 Super cuts, but to me it means the world.

It means, the seriousness and dedication I put in means something to that tradition. RON was a retired professional referee. I had also put him in contact with "my second son" @CVargo as I really want to see him become and attain his dreams of being a professional ref as well. Anyway, they spoke, and I hope that RON imparted some advice to Chad, to continue the legacy as well.

Ron will be joining the Dolphins, another true love, down at a sanctuary in Cabo, to spend eternity playing with dolphins.

I am also fully aware that, based on where my shop is domiciled, that this is a hazard I face everyday, but as a barber, you enter peoples lives, become a part of them, and the loss is not easy. Based on my previous careers, in the Air Force, and Insurance, I have set myself up for constant loss, not to mention what @AvocadoQueen and I have been through these past few years. It takes faith, and the unknowing confidence that all of this happens for a reason, and is the main reason I do not fall down the path of cynicism, or at least limit is

I know to some, if not most of you I come across and the "Hardass" Sheriff of TSC town, but understand it is a business, and I have to herd the cats, as it were and assist you guys in steering the ship. However you all need to know in my mind, and @AvocadoQueen 's , as well as @CBLindsay and @CVargo that you are all FAMILY and BRETHREN!

As of late, as @NurseDave mentioned we are having some members going through a rough patch. This just reiterates the core value of this Forum, to be kind. All of us are going through struggles, so what we have created here, is that much more important. We care about each other and have created something unlike anywhere else. We are unique in forums, and I thank you for that.

My prayers go out the following, and please note we ARE here for all of you in any time of need.
@Scuttlesoap
@Majorrich

So.... In case I have not said it THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

Thanks for stopping by.

Dave

Back