The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

5 August 2022

Jerry Stark 6/8 Damascus
Sorrentino Corleone
Aran Lochranza shave soap/aftershave /EdP
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint WH
5CBCE8DB-1E65-461E-ACAA-5EE253FEACD0.jpeg
Absolutely perfect Shave today. Truly a Scottish inspired Shave. Peatie, salty briny, and smoothed out by the anise and patchouly. The Viking skated around the face with ease, truly DSBBS wonderful.

I would ask The Cadre to pray for @NurseDave, Obviously he has suffered from either a stroke, an aneurysm, or a complete mental breakdown thinking that his cheese slicer is the best SE razor made. When obviously the Blackland Vector far exceeds Bullwinkles attempt atshave greatness.

The good news is as one of his sponsors we have set up a spitle medical fund for him on a regular basis when he somewhat steps off the planet so again please pray for his miss guided love of a Secondary razor to the great, the legendary, and simply the best SE razor on the planet the Blackland Vector

Of course Kona met me at the door gave me a hi5 took his duck jerky Venice chicken jerky and went back to bed

Have a good day everybody

I would ask The Cadre to pray for @NurseDave, Obviously he has suffered from either a stroke, an aneurysm, or a complete mental breakdown thinking that his cheese slicer is the best SE razor made.
He's clearly under the influence of Friday scotch. And Thursday scotch. And Wednesday scotch. And Tuesday scotch. And Monday scotch. Sunday is a day of reflection and scotch. and Saturday scotch.

He's clearly under the influence of Friday scotch. And Thursday scotch. And Wednesday scotch. And Tuesday scotch. And Monday scotch. Sunday is a day of reflection and scotch. and Saturday scotch.
I like to keep things on an even keel

4B414781-7542-43EF-9032-122AA5EA11A4.jpeg
Great shape with Orion this morning. Decided to do a DE shave this morning because getting a party hat on Kona is not exactly the easiest thing to do. That being said at 6:30 this morning he did decide to jump on the bed and romp around and give Sharon crap for her birthday so I was excited about that. I guess if I want to live, I should stop making jokes about walkers and canes to my wife on this joyous occasion of her birthday. You can see more here:

Thread 'Happy Birthday Sharon!'
Happy Birthday Sharon!

08.07.2022.jpg

Very good Shave This morning, as @NurseDave and I attempted to Text enable each other, and you can guess what the subject was, LOL. All Italian Shave today and the Marshal was just flat out perfect. Pretty much a lazy day of coffee, roughhousing with Kona and the TSC zoom call this afternoon is all that is on the agenda, and a few Amazon pickups to do. Too Hot and miserable to do much else outside until the Monsoon moves in later

(Video Posted)
WARNING a bit of a "soapbox rant" on my fellow Tradtional SR Razor friends

Have a great day

Yes.. slacking again on my journal
Theirs-Issard ( edge eval for @Bill M )
Sorrentino
Seaforth
Alum
Quinns
Penhaligon’s EF talc
09E6FD5E-0CE8-4193-AF63-44740DA36514.jpeg
Well again, as usual, and behind in posting my journals all of my shaves been very very good so far with the majority of them as an edge evaluation for the TI in the picture above. Today was all about the green the Seaforth Heather and the Penhaligon‘s match perfectly with a little bit of English firm talk thrown in DSBBS, and the razor is acting wonderfully it’s gonna be hard to let this one go back.

At the ranch, monkeypox is not what we have to worry about but actual monkeys the weeds are getting tall again, as is the case every time we have a good monsoon. Got about half the yard mowed of the 2 acres I’m gonna try to get the other half done once it dries out. The shop has been busy as expected and at this point I am booked out till mid October.

In the world of Kona, having the weeds taller is hilarious when we let him go out and run in the afternoon because he hops around like a gazelle searching for any critters that are hiding but he seems to really love hopping into the weeds. He is still doing his morning con artist bit but now he wants a piece of beef doggy jerky as well as a piece of duck jerky then he spends the rest of the day trying to con avocado queen.

Not really looking forward to Sunday’s zoom call, as I am the next one in the barrel for the stunt shave and I’m sure these hooligans are going to come up with all kinds of fun stuff.

Well that’s about it hope everybody’s having a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by

Back