The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

08.20.2022 - TSC Zoomers Shave See here:

08.21.2022 - Audible called due to mail call

Filarmonica 13 JMP Doble Temple 6/8
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere
Seaforth Fleur de France Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinns Cucumber Mint
Talc

08.21.2022.jpg

Well after yesterday's "intersting live Zoom Call shave", anything was better, as I was still finding corn chip, and garlic residue this morning. A battery of tests today due to my accident in January including a Cervical MRI, prevented a morning shave, and it was fortuitous as my Filarmonica was waiting in the mailbox. Now my trio of Fili's is now complete with a 12, 13, and 14 now in the stable. A great shave today with the Seaforth as well as a good initial impression of the Fili.

(Video posted )

Will be doing a 12-13.14 progression of shaves next week.

All else is well, and hope we get the results of the MRI finished up so we can get moving on the case and get all this crap behind us

Thanks for stopping by.

08.23.2022 SR Shave in the 3000's

Thiers-Issard 6/8 concave edge
Sorrentino Barzini / Synth
Mystery Eval Soap
Omega Aquae Aftershave serum
Alum
Quinns Cucumber Mint
Penhaligon's Elixir EdT

08.23.2022.jpg

Final Edge and soap eval today for the respective owners and makers. Really good shave and as mentioned in my video today, when this soap set comes out in the fall ( hopefully) it will be a winner and you will want to get. As to the Razor I have to admit that overall, there is really something to this Convex Honing / Concave edge. I have shaved with all types of edges, inlcuding my own, which I ma very happy with, but must say this edge is the finest, smoothest and one of the most comfortable edges I have ever shaved with. Perfectly sharp without being harsh, very smooth on the face when it comes to glide ( soap dependent of course ), and the best comparison I can make it that it feels as sharp and smooth as a Feather Pro-Guard after a few uses, and a Personna Super, with all the efficiency. Thanks @Bill M for letting me take it through it's paces. Was an enjoyable number of shaves.

As to the soap. Well, you are familiar with the maker, and you will love, not only the scent, but the performance. All I can say for now.

The shave was DSBBS and all the characters in the shave play deserve an Academy award.

(Video Posted)

The KONA Files:

El Doggo was up an raring to go at the butt crack of dawn today, so @AvocadoQueen got the call, and I let him back in and gave him the obligatory treats a few hours later. He ran the yard hopping like a gazelle though the weeds, and you could not help but see him revert back to his roots of hunting and stealth. I fully expected to see some rocket skates, or some other device. He did discover, however a Bull snake with an attitude, and some caterpillars that are armed with a giant spike on the tail end. He has become bored with the tarantulas he finds, and in turn they dont care either about with spaz of a canine. So they say hello, bare their respective fangs and move on.

Thanks for stopping by

El Doggo was up an raring to go at the butt crack of dawn today, so @AvocadoQueen got the call, and I let him back in and gave him the obligatory treats a few hours later. He ran the yard hopping like a gazelle though the weeds, and you could not help but see him revert back to his roots of hunting and stealth. I fully expected to see some rocket skates, or some other device. He did discover, however a Bull snake with an attitude, and some caterpillars that are armed with a giant spike on the tail end. He has become bored with the tarantulas he finds, and in turn they dont care either about with spaz of a canine. So they say hello, bare their respective fangs and move on.
Kona's life is more interesting than mine! :cautious:

08.24.2022 Desert themed SR Shave Day O’Dark Thirty and late entry

Cactus 5/8 razor full hollow
Graydog Tucson Cholla / Maggards SHD
CBL Hombres Barbershop 💈 shave soap/ aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Demeter Sahuaro Cactus EdC

D86EF1DD-0E64-46F1-AD69-0475E994B9DB.jpeg
All themed “matchy-matchy” shave today with an edge from my Shapton’s at 30k and a bunch of stropping. A bit harsh but laser sharp for a DSBBS winner. It was all about the Southwest and all the goodness it offers. Topping it off was the Sahuaro Cactus 🌵 cologne. It was my Huckleberry Shave

KONA files:
He slept in today until he smelt the pour over with the “filthy pirate “ dark roast. He received his normal jerky treats, wagged his tail and back to bed for “El Doggo”

Thanks for stopping by

08.25.2022 DE shave today

Feather ASD2 / Personna Super
Rubberset 400-4. / TGN finest
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn’s PGF
Aqua Velva
Duke Cannon Seneca EdP

3E9B0A98-7F60-4AB4-A374-FF774E14D4E4.jpeg
Quick shave before heading to the shop. All traditional stuff today, and the new Personna worked well in the Feather

KONA Confidential:
Same, Same… sleep, awaken, shake, scratch go outside with perimeter check. Dad’s making coffee…. Time for Jerky…. Yawn…. Back to the couch.

Thanks for stopping by

Reading the past few Shave reports makes me wonder........What shave soap do you use at Hombres Shave Shop? With so many to choose from.......have you narrowed it down to one soap?

I use three at the shop for clients
Mostly Hombres soap for shaves and I use the Hombres aftershave on every client after neck, sideburn and ear arch shave with
SV 70th or Hombres for my high end cost shave
Lather machine lather ( similar to Williams but out of a hot lather machine) for the “quick shave” and all post haircut shave cleanup

Have you ever done a Shave Shop video? Would be nice to see the full setup and the environs. Maybe a tour of the facility.

Cool video, thanks for the insight into the shop. I found it interesting that your techniques appear to be quite a bit different when shaving a client versus shaving yourself, different passes and all one handed work on the client. That head, neck, shoulder and face massage looked super relaxing. Well done Dave.(y)

I’m planning on doing more of the narrative version of just the shave In probably in the next couple of months

Back