The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

28 July 2022

Neistrom 4/8 BN
Semogue 620 Boar
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Aftershave
Alum
Quinns
Tsar

View attachment 89904
Vintage Early Morning shave. Simplicity and proven products at it’s finest

Kona Slept until Jerky Time

Have a great day
Klas Tornblom shoulderless sportscar otherwise known as a Swedish bloodletting instrument... Good stuff Dave!

Blackland Vector/Feather pro-guard
TOP SECRET shave soap (Beta-Testing)
Sorrentino Corleone/synth
Nivea 2 in 1
Quinns

Penhaligon’s elixir

5F27D999-91A8-4B25-8ED0-022799F7EA70.jpeg
Very interesting Shave today. If you notice it says top secret under the soap, that is because I cannot release what kind of soap it is, I cannot release what the fragrance notes are, because I’m actually beta testing. A very well-known soapmaker approached me to test a new soap base and I agreed under the conditions that it is confidential in nature but I can’t say the performance of the Proposed soap base is unbelievable I wish I could say more but more testing is required all of the parts of the shaver wonderful and the vector which is the razor I use for all testing and/or reviews worked as planned

As to the Kona files again because of the weather sleeping until I get ready to leave and then it’s duck jerky and chicken jerky today

Have a great day

30 July 2022
TOP SECRET shave soap (Beta-Testing)- Day 2
Nivea 2 in 1
Quinns
Penhaligon’s elixir

D3EA025E-23D9-4275-8E45-89E8A566EC32.jpeg

Day two of testing and this time face lathering. Able to load off a one-inch sample container boast well for the soap and only with 15-sec load time. Again, performance is stellar and frag stays at a 4-4.5 SOS throughout the shave. As alway when evaluating a soap in tje 1st couple of days, for consistency, the vector and Corleone gets the call to keep variables down as much as possible, and to concentrate on the soap. Will be doing a video on this soap testing tomorrow including the metrics I use to evaluate. EXCITING STUFF. Zzzzzzzzz🤪

KONA FILES:
Again slept till he heard me getting coffee then jerky a high five (paw version) and off to bed he went

Have a great Saturday

31 July 2022
TOP SECRET shave soap (Beta-Testing)- Day3
Nivea 2 in 1
Quinns
Penhaligon’s elixir

07.31.2022.jpg

Day Three of the Beta Testing and it just keeps getting better. This soap hits on all metrics and will be a huge winner once released. 1st test shave with using a Removable Straight, and it performed better than expected. I will be real excited when I can reveal it as well

(Video Posted)

The KONA FILES: Situation Normal all reporting good, property safe, jerky consumed, squeaky toys inventoried, and sleep nominal

Thanks for stopping by

3 August - 4 August, 2022A3969E29-DF1F-4630-B8A9-B3F2824E1326.jpeg
9A4D2518-DDFC-4E98-9DD6-AC98EFBD2607.jpeg

Good shaves last couple of days. Extremely busy at the shop, and at home as well cleaning up after the storms. Sharon’a Birthday week continues leading up to her actual B-Day on Sunday.

Kona has been a good pup and routine. Patrol, Constitional, shake off the rain, smack the cat, jerky a salute and back to the couch…. Ahh the life

Thanks for stopping by

Back