The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I'm having a bit of a revival with my Red Tip. Its much more smooth and efficient than I initially gave it credit for. So now my razor rotation is up to 5 DEs.

Working on it
Can I suggest those cool ones where your logo is branded into a leather patch that is sewn onto the front of the hat. Oh, and a real hat. Not one of those trucker deal with mesh in the back to air out the mullet.

Or like this
shopping

15 July 2022

Jos. Elliott 4/8 Rattler
DeRuiter Tucson Mesquite Turquoise Boar
CBL Hombres Barbershop Shave Soap/ Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s PGFOR WH
Duke Cannon Randolph EdP

Shameless self promotion shave today, purely the Southwest , purely barbershop and tells a story of the old west. The razor also has history as well. It was purchased as my very 1st str8 at a Tombstone, AZ antique shop. It dates to the 1860’s-1870’s. It also is reported to have been in Tombstone it’s entire life, and who knows as the town barber may have used this to shave Doc Holliday, Wyatt, Morgan, or maybe even Johnny Ringo or Bill Brochious. Anyway @uacowboy restored it for me with the lovely zebra wood scales. Great shaver as well. So a 3 pass DSBBS journey to the old west.

7086A5B5-2B3F-4CB0-8F86-2175D6AD04EB.jpeg

The Kona Files:
He was up and “ACME” ready today for patrol and varmit hunting. As I was sipping on some coffee we had a roadrunner in the yard, and sadly, I hoped to see a chase, but Kona did not see him. Rats!

Thanks for stopping by

Back