The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

24 July 2022

"HOBO Terminated"

Thiers-Issard 6/8 la legende
WCS Legacy / Badger
Seaforth Fleur di France Shave Soap /Aftershave / EdT
Quinns
Proraso Alum
Talc

07.24.2022.jpg
Very nice Shave today to end "Hobo days" This stuff is very nice. Back is feeling better and so nice to get a DSBBS shave with the Ti.

(Video Posted)

GRRRRRRRRRR.

Tedalus / Feather Pro-Super (1)
TSC LE SV / HMMW
Santa Maria Del Fiore Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Nivea 2 in 1
Quinns PGOR
Proraso Azure Lime Cologne

07.25.2022.jpg
Very early morning shave.... and by choice. Day off and up at 0330 due to the back. got up roamed around the house to stretch the back a bit, let the doggo out to do some Night Recon, and back to bed... 0410, 0425, 0430 aww the heck with it. Coffee and onto the Shower and shave.

This is one of the best soap/aftershaves that come out of RR IMHO.. Smooth Citrusy and nice. Tried a Feather Pro-Super in the "wraith" today. Had some laying around the the Pro-guard was at it's sunset point. I think I will stick to the Pro-Guard. To me it is still the smoothest. In this razor the Pro-Super has HUGE blade exposure and looks like a vampire awaiting a drink. Still a good shave but not as nice as with a Pro Guard.

Aquanaut was wanting to go for a spin so this was a double aftershave day, and while rooting around the frag locker I dug out the Azure Lime so all is well. Now only hours to go and do some errands, LOL.
Up early on a day off blows, but seems to be the norm.

THE KONA FILES:
"El Doggo" sincerely apologizes for the lack of entries, but he has been a bit bothered by the hot weather and he had not felt like dictating his escapades and his typing skills keep ruining keyboards. We have an ACME one on order but it is being delivered by RR Shipping, so we are not hopeful. He was able to get a rare Night Ops mission last night, however it was cut short when he began to investigate some of the large amphibious creatures ( Colorado River Toads ) on our patio after the storms. Unfortunately these alien creatures are poison to Dogs, so the mission was aborted, but not before he said hello to our resident Mexican Brown Tarantula, on his evening journey across the patio.

Thanks for stopping by and Video to post soon

Very early morning shave.... and by choice. Day off and up at 0330 due to the back. got up roamed around the house to stretch the back a bit, let the doggo out to do some Night Recon, and back to bed... 0410, 0425, 0430 aww the heck with it. Coffee and onto the Shower and shave.
Mornings like that are annoying. When it happens to me, if I don't get a nap I'll be exhausted all day.

26 July 2022
Gillette Red Tip SuperSpeed / PolSilver Si
Sorrentino Brushworks "Cola" Brush / Synbad Synthetic
AAS Co "Cold One" Shave Soap / Aftershave
Quinns
Talc

07.26.2022.jpg

Fun Shave today, with the Cola. Easy peasy with the Red-Tip and the Star of the Show, The Brush, performed as expected and the synbad knot is Great. Muchas, Muchas Gracias to @Smattayu for the brush... It is EXACTLY what I wanted, thanks for taking the idea and running with it.

Have a good day folks
( Video Posted)

If he took out the "ice cubes" it could be a beer glass brush. Maybe with a single drip of foam coming down the side?

Back