The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

CV Heljestrand MK*31
Sorrentino Barzini GID / cashmere
Mystic Water Jasmine Shave Soap
Quinn’s Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave
Royall Yacht Edt

Up at 0430 this morning , and this time of year The sun is just beginning to peek over the mountains. Great shave today with the Swedish steel and it has been quite a while since I have shaved with the jasmine shave soap. All the other normal post shave including alum. I have a new product in the Quinn’s witch hazel. In reading some reviews people were saying that if you put too much on it gets sticky well that’s obviously because of the high aloe vera content. But I went to the Quinn’s Site and it did indicate to keep your face wet and apply the witch hazel that way and it was fantastic. I personally like it better than the Thayers. Finished up with the Royall Yacht EdT, which was a perfect match for him.

Kona has found a new hang out by the front door on the cool tiles during the summer but he always seems to know when I’m getting ready to go outside the door because he’s there for his treats

C9B25258-1984-4B93-85E0-DA5CA67D28CB.jpeg

10 July 2022

CV Heljestrand MK*32
M&F Apolina
Floris Elite Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Quinn's
Talc

Fantastic shave today and we wave goodbye to our old friend Thayers, as we replace with Quinns. The Queen of the den allowed me to shave with her today, and was on her best behavior as apparently her and Floris get along. All the other normals for a DSBBS shave.

Kona was a lazybones today, and did not go our until about 0630 this morning and lounged around on the bed underneath the AC vents and fan. but not before his obligatory Duck Jerky and treats

07.10.2022.jpg
Epic Video posted

BTW, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t use my brush so much.

We did and we are in your house. Go look

giphy.gif

12 July 2022

Gillette Fatboy on 7 / Astra SP
SV Artisan 2.0 in Tortoise / HMMW
SV Cubebe Soap / Aftershave /EdP
Quinn's Pink Grapefruit and Orange Rind WH
Proraso alum

07.12.2022.jpg
Good shave today, although an Audible called as I had a couple of questions from @novicewetshaver , so I addressed them with a DE shave using the same soap, blade, and razor settings. it was a nice shave
( Video Posted)

The KONA FILES: spastic, spastic spastic. He was in a "mood" this morning with the Zoomies. I think he got into my Laphroaig and realized how badly he wanted to be a human Scotch drinker. Opened the door for him, and he looked at me as if to say " You do know how HOT it is out there, with my delicate paws, and I refuse to wear those stupid paw booties, so unless you get me an ACME Space Suit, I am going to lay down on your bed under the AC and there is nothing you can do about it..... my teeth will see to that"
"Really"
"ok fghts on"

I am glad I have bandaids........

Thanks for stopping by

13 July 2022
Essence
Sorrentino
Cremo shave stick
Alum
Quinns
Nivea 2 in 1
Hugo Boss

Nice quick shave before heading to the shop. Smooth and nice for a fast shave I have been told however that the Hugo Boss is now to be archived or pif’d as I have been warned to never,never west it again
#wifemigrainenobueno
D329956C-09ED-4544-93D9-E89EE57B6452.jpeg

14 July 2022
Gillette Red tip
DeRuiter F1
Boellis Panama shave Soap
Boellis Daytona aftershave spray
Boellis Daytona EdT
Alum
Quinns PGF&OR

Good DE Shave today with the Red Tip. Another somewhat rushed shave as I had appointments starting at about 0600 today. All components work well and the Boellis is such a great Italian product. Matched well with the Quinn’s.

B36AD65A-905A-4625-82E0-D9315F063665.jpeg

The Kona Files:
Again, he decided to sleep in, of course until I was making my coffee and getting ready to head out then it was of course “jerky time”.

Thanks for stopping by

A haircut at 0600? I never even did that in the military.
I sometimes I have appointments at 0530 I’m usually up by 4 AM anyway then usually I’ll just shorten my day a little bit and go home early. I guess some guys wanna look really good before they head out to the golf course. LOL. I do charge more for those special requests

Back