The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Wait.....there's an Hombres aftershave?????

Yes you want some call me
giphy.gif

we had a roadrunner in the yard, and sadly, I hoped to see a chase, but Kona did not see him. Rats!
Yeah, a chase would have been perfect! Was vacationing with family when I saw a roadrunner near the Petrified Forest, I believe it was. Nothing was chasing it, but it scooted across the road pretty quickly.

16 July 2020

Feather ASD2 / feather
Sorrentino
AE Asian Pear suds/aftershave
Pen’s SCC EdP
Alum
Quinns

As Dave mentioned, probably should’ve slept in a little bit longer or went to bed a little earlier. Dragging a little bit today and this is the first break I’ve gotten since seven as it’s been extremely busy in the shop today, a couple of shaves couple of fades a flat top and some other haircuts mattered in there. Thankfully the remainder of the day is mostly shaves and regular haircuts but I usually take off early on Saturdays anyway. Today’s shave, was a no-brainer as I was so tired I wanted something quick and easy so the feather got the deal the Asian Pear is becoming one of my favorites. Surprisingly the Penhaligon’s sports car club goes really well with the Asian pear.

A good shave today

96A55DBB-DD55-4ACA-A0BF-869365F98D74.jpeg

The Kona files:
Like me, Kona was up late and spent most of the evening harassing the cat of which he ended up getting a beat down from Ruger. So, as per normal, he waited till I was getting ready to leave and came up and sat down by his jerky bowl and then went back to bed

I am very glad it is my Friday.
Thanks for stopping by

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Wizamet
Blackland Blackbird / Synth
Arran Lochranza Shave Soap / Aftershave Balm
Alum
Quinns
Akro Malt EdP

07.17.2022.jpg
Good Shave today and an Special Video posted from our TOP SECRET testing facility a tribute to a "so called" revolution from the Padawans

(Video Posted)

19 July 2022

Filarmonica 14 medallon Taurino Full Hollow
Sorrentino
Sapone De Paulo Organic Sweet Orange Shave Soap
Fine L'Orange Noir
Flor de Naranja
Alum
Quinns

07.19.2022.jpg

Nice shave today, except for a pretty good touchdown and the Crimson. But Oranges, Oranges and more Oranges. This razor is stupid sharp and with that full hollow square point and the heft of this razor, not to mention I had not used her in awhile, resulted in her being a bit "pissed off" and she bit me. The rest of the two passes went well and I was in Orange Heaven.

THE KONA FILES:
The heat and humidity have kept him on a very early morning jaunt and then inside to one of three spots
The Bed
The Tile Floor near the AC vent
or, the den on his Memory foam.

He has the life... Duck and Jerky treats of course
Interesting today while feeding and watering the fowl he came upon one of our ducks who passed away some time yesterday probably due to excess heat. It was heart warming to see him nose the hen and look up at me as if to ask.. "Why cant she play anymore" He was a pup when he met all of the duck and chickens and never harmed any one of them as he protected and patrolled the inside of their pen each day, and loved to bring us an egg for him to cook. We gave her back to the wild to the desert where she will be a meal for a Coyote, Racoon, Cougar, bobcat, or Vulture.... The whole circle of life thing..

Thanks for stopping by

(Video Posted)

Catching up
AD6B7B09-CB87-44B2-BA64-7CA55CD21186.jpeg

Thiers-Issard la legende
Sorrentino
Seaforth Fleur de France shave soap/aftershave/EdT
Quinns
Alum
Pinaud talc

F81A3495-7D21-42D9-83AB-7D629DCE3ED0.jpeg

1st use of the new Seaforth and it was outstanding. A good barbershop scent somewhere between WSP’s barbershop and Rive Gauche. Very little on the powdery scent , but not a lavender blast either. Well balanced. This soap base is also very nice and fragrant. Typical of Seaforth the AS is perfectly matched. The EdT was the big surprise here. EdP strength and then some. Last night when I received I did a small spritz and this morning you could still detect in clothes and skin. Very much like some scents from Creed, and BdC

Going to shave with it a few more times and then a video review on Sunday. I think this will be a winner

Thanks for stopping by

Blackland Tradere
Sorrentino
Seaforth FdF soap/afterhave/EdT
Alum
Quinns
Talc

EF2E109E-9979-4555-993C-80B8E77402A9.jpeg
Day with the Seaforth, And another great shave. Going to shave with it for the next couple of days so I can give a good review on one of my videos. The did its job very well.

Kona met me at the door right before I left For his normal jerky treat and then went back to bed he doesn’t react too well to the heat being husky/German Shepherd it’s understandable

Thanks for stopping by

Rough evening and morning and jacked up my back somehow yesterday, could not sleep so no morning shave and full on hobo mode @Bill M

Cutting hair and doing shaves today has been a real “treat”. So maybe no shave at all today, but it will probably drive me. Crazy and I will do an evening shave
1658597229470.gif

Back