The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

FD16835A-1F35-4062-BBFB-FEEEE7F6D2AD.jpeg
Did not feel much like shaving today, exactly one year ago today we lost Sharon’s mom in a horrible fire. So I definitely would not use a straight today because my mind is not on it so a quick DE Shave.

No Kona files today I let him sleep and I also let Sharon sleep as well because I know today’s gonna be a tough day for her

I said this in my status update but I’d like to ask everybody to keep Sharon @AvocadoQueen In your prayers today

Thanks for stopping by

Dave, I am a day late on this, but praying for continued mental and emotional healing. I hope yesterday was peaceful for your family.

02.27.2022: SR shave # 2122
J Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Matt DeRuiter / Synth
A&E Kaizen Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / Talc
Royall Mandarin Cologne
Akro Smoke EdP

02.27.2022.jpg
Good mid morning shave today, Orange, Tobacco, and Smoke! what could be better. The GD provided a good DSBBS shave today, and everything is orange, from my shirt to my watch today, LOL

( Video posted ).... well sometime today

KONA FILES:
Back on the case today, up and towering over me at about 0600, went out did his "Thang" and back in for treats and a nap. Later let him run the "Big Yard", where he could antagonize horses and drag race cars headed to the gun range..... He was 5 an 1 today. Back to the porch and a plop for a sun bath. Boy he has the life.

Thanks for stopping by

02.28.2022 SR Shave #2123
Late night shave.

Gen. Badoglio 6/8
Sorrentino TSC Anniversary / Badger
Proraso Shave Cream / Aftershave / Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Florida Water ( for the dreams )
2 drams of Bourbon / Carerras LE Cigar

No photo, but a video

Was very busy today with errands, car shopping, dinner, etc, so a late night shave, OK and barely BBS but it was 11:00 pm, so there was that, LOL

Nytol!

02.28.2022 SR Shave #2123
Late night shave.

Gen. Badoglio 6/8
Sorrentino TSC Anniversary / Badger
Proraso Shave Cream / Aftershave / Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Florida Water ( for the dreams )
2 drams of Bourbon / Carerras LE Cigar

No photo, but a video

Was very busy today with errands, car shopping, dinner, etc, so a late night shave, OK and barely BBS but it was 11:00 pm, so there was that, LOL

Nytol!
Going against the recommendations of the @AvocadoQueen ……..Hmmmmm

1646134745603.gif

03.01.2022 SR Shave #2124

Jerry Stark 7/8 Kamisori
HL Thater / Silvertip
CBL Soaps Barba Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Talc
YSL rive gauch pour homme EdT

03.01.2022.jpg

Not much in the whisker arena today after my late night shave, but enough for a couple of passes. The Kami was the last Razor Jerry Stark made for me prior to sun setting his razor business, and gifted it to me. it is a wonderful piece of twisted heavy steel and a joy to shave with, but like all of his razors they can be beasts.... In a good way. The thumb notch is a required accessory, as it can be a bit slippery. I had tried cord wrapping, however it just did not look good, and the "au natural" look of this razor was far better.

Accompanied with YSL and CBL made for a nice "barbershop inspired shave.

( video posted )

KONA FILES:
a warm day for "El Doggo" to sun himself on the porch, along with the chase me, I chase you antics with Ruger, so a good lazy day for him

Thanks for stopping by

SR shave #2125

Geo Wostenholm IXL 8/8 Wedge
Morris & Frondran Apoloni / Sabini Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Shave Soap ( Tallow )
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender
Asylum Royal Fougere Aftershave Splash
Penhaligon's English Fern Talcum Powder
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

03.06-1.2022.jpg

All British Today, and using a wedge for @NurseDave. Great set up today and DSBBS with all the greatness that is English Fern.
(Video to be posted)

KONA FILES:
After a bit of a hiatus "El Doggo" back in the weekend jump on the bed and hover until let out, sunning on the patio and treats galore. He did get a play date with some friends Golden Retriever last evening so he has that lovely smell of matted wet dog slobber, as only a Goldy can provide. Little does he know, but its bath time today, muahahahahaha.

Thanks for stopping by

Attachments

• 03.06-1.2022.jpg
    03.06-1.2022.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1
03.19 / 03.20.2018
Shave Soap pre-shave lather /Hot Towel & Rinse
Lucky Tiger Post Shave Slave
T. Miller Strop 50-pre /Trans Ark Hone 30 laps / Higgins Linen / Westholme Strop Finish

Catching up on some shaves

03.19:

03.20:

Have a Good Day Gents
Great shaves Dave. Been a long time since I've been on the site. A lot of water over the dam. Glad to see the site thriving.

Back