The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

This is the rental. enterprise has a Exotic Division, but they said no to the Lambo Aventador, the 911 and the Range Rover Velar, LOL, So I got the Ford HEE HEE

REntal.jpg

problem with Electrics out here is the distances. I think Tucson has like 2 chargers in a city that is about 75-100 miles across, and with the current level of distances if you forget to charge you are stuck in Coyote ville. The New Silverado Electric is the closest to the Avalanche I have seen

1643755908691.png

Plus if I was to go electric it would a car and be this I think

1643755986746.png

Another Avalanche ( hard to find in condition I had) - Um No!
4WD truck or SUV - 4Runner TRD Pro or Tundra TRD Pro (Would Say Land Cruiser but they don't sell them here anymore unless you can get a good deal on a used one).
Mustang GT ( Used ) - Depends
Porsche Cayman S ( Used ) - Hell Yes!!! (Almost said Hell No because I thought you said Cayenne)
Tesla Model S ( used) - Meh...I'll keep it positive because Elon Musk is the ultimate troll
Corvette C5/C6/C7 depending - Classic or nothing at all
Mercedes 550 SL - I'll allow it
Fiat 124 Spider - Interesting choice here...go on...
or...
Deuce & Half - Um...you don't have one already?
Hummer H1 - The H1? Dave you old softy. I figured you would be one to not have the creature comforts. Go for military surplus with the M998
TANK - Thank You! Or should I say..."Tank" You! This is the dream vehicle.

problem with Electrics out here is the distances. I think Tucson has like 2 chargers in a city that is about 75-100 miles across, and with the current level of distances if you forget to charge you are stuck in Coyote ville. The New Silverado Electric is the closest to the Avalanche I have seen

View attachment 74728

Plus if I was to go electric it would a car and be this I think

View attachment 74729
Arizona needs to get on that Infrastructure Cash the Gov't is doling out! :ROFLMAO:

This is the rental. enterprise has a Exotic Division, but they said no to the Lambo Aventador, the 911 and the Range Rover Velar, LOL, So I got the Ford HEE HEE

View attachment 74724

Those newer Expeditions are very nice looking and actually very fun to drive. Once we are done with car seats and not worrying about kids dinging doors at parking lots I see myself getting one of those. Speaking of mini vans who is driving the mini van?

Meh...I'll keep it positive because Elon Musk is the ultimate troll
:spits Coffee: I love Elon only reason I would buy a tesla right now. Although the charging is getting better in Utah.
Um...you don't have one already?
:spits coffee:
Dave you old softy.
:spits coffee:

I need more coffee

The spouse unit is very keen on Honda Pilots. I suspect that’s the direction we will be headed if/when all this doggone chip shortage and various excuses and barriers to price negotiation go away.

The van sits as it was a handicap van for her mom, Sharon drives it every so often but not me, never

The van sits as it was a handicap van for her mom, Sharon drives it every so often but not me, never
My wife had a 2015 dodge caravan, it was surprisingly nice. I liked that the seats (stow and go) could fold down and I could put a full sheet of plywood in the back. It was also a pretty good option for a quick camping trip. I don't know if it is normal for these things but every time I drove it I would squeal the front tires when taking off from a stop ...it definitely had get up and go. It was primarily her vehicle but we used it for family trips so I would drive it from time to time. Last year my wife upgraded to a Jeep JKU, I got an F150 super crew and an older jeep. I enjoy the jeep(s) for off-roading and quick trips but my truck is far more comfortable and roomie. The main issue with the jeep(s) is that they are harder to get in and out of and are generally smaller inside. I like my Ford and I am impressed by what the electric F150 promises ....BUT I would prefer a larger truck than what I have, maybe an F250

I suspect you will go looking for a Ford Raptor, it has all the functionality you desire with the bells and whistles you might want. I don't know what the newer stuff is like but I would take a Suburban over an Expedition...but my preference would be for an older one that has been well taken care of.

Back