The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

22 January 2022
SE Shave today (sr holding at 2105)

Blackland Vector/Feather Pro-Guard (1)
Paladin PK47 /Badger
Seaforth Heather Shave Soap/aftershave
English Fern EdT
Proraso alum/Thayers Cucumber/English Fern talc

0109A4DC-15C7-4B1A-A313-49D8F12C6BEA.jpeg
No plan today, just grabbed what was close, and the vector. Good shave all the way around today

KONA FILES: to lazy to go out, but once I was in the kitchen he was up and ready for treats

Thanks for stopping by

23 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2106

Koraat "Viscerion" 6/8
Koraat "Ice Dragon" Brush /HMMW
Speick Shave Soap
Speick Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / Talc
Speick Men EdT

01.23.2022.jpg

Up and awake a bit earlier than planned thanks to a large pawed Canine. A good cup of dark roast Jamaican Blue Mountain, and all was well. Cold this morning after a night of rain and a few flurries. With than a Speick shave seem perfect. One of the most nourishing products out there, sourced well, and super for your skin. Opted for the Shave Stick, rather than the creme today. It is one of the "old guard" products that remains consistent, although does not get a ton of play anymore. Lemony, herbal, medicinal, and fresh, is the best way to describe. "Viscerion" got the call up today, and as most Koraats, it performed without a flaw, Full Bellied with Zebra Damascus, and at 6/8 just perfect. 3-passes today and DSBBS (g).
( Video to post )

THE KONA FILES:
Despite it being chilly outside, and Kona being a bit of a non-traditional Gerbarian Shepski, he did decide to brave the weather. He did his normal patrol and settled on the patio couch to watch and get rays from the sunrise over the Mountains. He was happy as a clam, and did not even negotiate a treat this morning, as I guess just being outside with the sun on his fur, and laying on a couch with pillows was good enough for him.........For now

Thanks for stopping by

24 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2107

CV Heljestrand #8
Doug Korn D7 / TGN Finest
Mitchell's Wool Fat ( coffee infused) shave soap
Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave
Akro "Awake" EdP

01.24.2022.jpg

Well what started with great intentions quickly evolved to a hunt and an experiment.... Not quite a stunt shave, but an infusion as mentioned above. I indeed infused Mitchells with Dark roast coffee instead of water.... Yes I did that, let me explain..... I know that I have @CBLSoap.com "Breakfast Blend" which is a very nice coffee scented soap. After searching through the main Soap Locker, and of course, re-arranging it at 0530, much to the chagrin of the boss, and "El Doggo", I still could not find it. So into the vault. Which is where I keep duplicates, and soaps not currently in use. No Joy! So the experimentation.

Even with the java infused soap it performed as Mitchells always does, perfectly. 3-passed with the #8 Swiss steel, and DSBBS. A rub of alum, and a splash of all the other good stuff, made it even better. Now I was ready for the main event, the AWAKE EdP.

I did a quick review via video a few days ago, and this was one of the stand outs. Extremely coffee forward to my nose, on the test strip, so the Skin test would be the real reveal. With notes of Balkan Santos Coffee, Green Cardamom, Italian Lemon, Tonka Bean, The Thayers Lemon seemed a bit odd, but played a good role later on. This is really an evolving scent on the skin. 1st it is very coffee forward for about 10-15 seconds and then evolves into almost a Hazelnut of vanilla latte scent for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that it remains strong for about 1/2 -1 hour and then remains a nice projection ( not overbearing )
at about 2 hrs it finally settles into what I look for in most Edp's a skin scent that gives reminders and just enough projection to get a nod or a comment from someone close, yet still enjoyable to your nose. Unique in the fact at whiffs of the dark coffee sometimes, and others of a latte, but a hint of the cardamom, lemon, and Tonka been, add acidity, and a bit of sweetness that push the coffee scent around.

Quite Nice for the 1st day of wearing. This may be a full bottle purchase.

( Video up later)

THE KONA FILES:
After getting up, stretching and giving me the EVIL EYE, at o'dark thirty this morning, he went back to bed, as he saw how involved I was re-arranging, and looking for something. Later he came out into the kitchen and motioned toward the back door as if to say "Well you got me up, so let me out". After about an hour, and I heard him barking , at what later was discovered to be a motorized paraglider flying WAY too low came over the homestead and ruffled all the dogs, cats, chickens, not to mention the horses, cattle, donkey and all other wildlife in a one mile area. He then adjourned to what has become "his" patio couch to let the sun that peaked over the mountains behind us, warm his fur. I has another cup of coffee, and sat with him in silence while we both enjoyed the morning. A good start to the day.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hmm, a line of scented waters to use for soap lathering....

what I look for in most Edp's a skin scent that gives reminders and just enough projection to get a nod or a comment from someone close,
Does your VIP experience include getting to pick what scent you wear? A straight shave in your chair could be glorious if you wore something by Tom Ford, or something I'd expect to get paid to put up with if you chose Tabac.

Hmm, a line of scented waters to use for soap lathering....

Does your VIP experience include getting to pick what scent you wear? A straight shave in your chair could be glorious if you wore something by Tom Ford, or something I'd expect to get paid to put up with if you chose Tabac.
ROFL, I make sure I wear a Ford, Creed, Pen's, Proraso, or even AdP when I know I have one of those scheduled, to make sure they enjoy the experience of me dancing around their face with a razor, LOL. Also that experience lets them choose what they get to wear from a list of goodies from aftershave to EdT's, but Hombres from CBL is always the 1st choice, LOL

... not to mention most of my clients are of that "maturity" like Tabac, LOL

25 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2108

Essence by Tedalus "The Wraith / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino BurshWorks Barzini / Tuxedo Synth
Arran Aromatics Lochranza Shave Soap / Aftershave Balm
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Talc
Akro "Malt" EdP

01.25.2022.jpg

Stupendous Shave today, sadly the Arran EdT's did not make it in time for the shave, but the Akro Malt was intended for that purpose and was great. Matched well, and a nice Peaty sweet finish and the dry down is very pleasant and just a nice smoky scent. The Wraith did what was expected and it is a great razor DSBBS today
(Video Posted)

The KONA Files:
Today, "El Doggo" decided that a Tazmanian Devil homage was on tap. he launched onto the bed, banked off of @AvocadoQueen, had some good air time as he completed about 3 twists and squarely landed his 55 lb body on my chest. With a wag, a lick, and a chuff, apparently he was ready to go out. While we tended to our injuries Kona practiced his cornering on his "track". Braking it still an issue for him and a small collision in turn three with the greenhouse, put him out of the race. He returned to the pit kitchen for treats and his squeaky ball.....

Thanks for stopping by

26 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2108 Holding SE Shave Today

Blackland Vector / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere
Boellis Panama 1924 Shave Soap / Daytona Aftershave Spray
Boelis Panama Daytona EdT

01.26.2022.jpg

Early shave Late Entry, Nice Ho Hum BBS Auto - Shave Today

KONA FILES: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

26 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2108 Holding DE Shave Today

Blackland Tradere/ wizamet
Sorrentino Brush works Tsc anniversary
Arran machrie shave soap/ aftershave balm
Proraso Alum/Thayers Lemon/talc
Arran Machrie EdT
167037A8-FEE2-478A-8595-B1FDF48984AF.jpeg
Fantastic Shave today, the Machrie EdT is a perfect Match to the shave soap and aftershave balm. The black land with the new blade was perfect a very nice DSBBS shave today

The Kona Files
El Doggo opted for not going outside when it was 27° outside but rather to get a treat and then another treat. I think this morning he rather lay on his bed next to the heating vent and be happy. So sadly, Sharon will probably have to get up earlier than normal to let him out. I was able to sneak out the door but I’m sure I’ll catch hell for it later.

Thanks for stopping by

28 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2109

The Wraith/ Feather ProGuard
Sorrentino Corleone
RR One X shave soap/aftershave
Proraso Alum/Thayers Lemon/talc
Akro Haze EdP
29087A0D-DA0D-42D2-B309-0E1B19DC3FAC.jpeg
Nice quick, grab what I could within reach shave. Italian citrus with a bit of tobacco made this an easy shave with the Tedalus. 3 and out for DSBBS.
The fragrance in the other hand, meh so far the malt and awake are real winners and will be purchased probably, Haze a big no. Finally
got the cannabis and smoke hit on the skin and it was just way too green in nature and faded on my skin in 20 mins. No bueno for an EdP.

THE KONA FILES:
He was up and spry this morning ready to go out while dark. I think he wanted to rustle some critters and chase away some yotee’s. I was surprised by a visit late the day by “El Doggo” and of course he had to ham for the camera
493B578E-CFDE-4C00-A795-BC64910B6865.jpeg5AF1193A-6D93-4B77-ABDF-E576555002A1.jpeg

B6319484-20C3-4B3E-A2A9-08621BC3E00B.jpeg

1E88A5FC-D53A-4A57-A628-F0DE97B5B40A.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by

29 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2109( hold )
DE shave today

Blackland Blackbird Ti/ Wizamet
Sorrentino Corleone
CBL Soaps Chocolate Chip Shave soap
Proraso Alum/Thayers Lavender for Professional Barber Use Only 💈/Proraso Talc
Akro Dark EdP
29D14D0F-BB23-4D79-8FF6-15C67677C20C.jpeg
It’s Friday! Well my Friday anyway. Working through the Akro EdP’s and today was “Dark”. With that it needed to be a chocolate inspired shave. Chocolate chip was perfect when matched with the chocolate greedy aftershave. Dark takes it’s inspiration from dark chocolate and tuberose so it it very much like the Montale Chocolate Greedy, but better in my opinion. 3-passes with the Blackbird, and DSBBS. Although the openings are dark chocolate and baking chocolate chip cookies, all of it dries down so a somewhat woody floral with hints of the aforementioned chocolate. Just wonderful.

THE KONA FILES:
As expected “El Doggo” started his weekend in earnest and other than treat negotiation he did not want to go out, this created “waking the sleeping giant”. I received a rather curt phone call on the way to the shop, as apparently Kona decided that, soon as I left, it was time to wake the boss to let him out. Needless to say we are both in the doghouse. Me, for not forcing Kona out, and Kona…. Well for being Kona!

Thanks for stopping by

20January 2022 - SR Shave # 2110

J.Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
DeRuiter Purple Neon/ synth
THB Tangerine Creeper suds
THB Tangerine Creeper Aftershave
Proraso/ Thayers / Talc
Flor de Naranja EdC

8E692578-E857-40AE-B812-8B052C21A3EC.jpeg

Good shave today
(Video Posted)

KONA FILES:
He was up early today, then when we went to the butcher he got to go along. He did not like the idea of traveling from the butcher all the way home with meat right next to him he does not like butcher paper anymore

31 January 2022 - SR Shave # 2111

John Pritxlaff HDWCe Cactus Razor / 5/8
Graydog Tucson / Maggards SHD Badger
CFG Ghost Town Barber Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdP
Proraso Alum/Talc, Thayer Lemon, Nivea 2 in 1
@NurseDave : per your request ( Video )

01.31.2022.jpg

Howdy from the Ranch. This shave is sponsored by "The Brain of @NurseDave " and a request as he is one of my biggest fan Desperado groupies. Went to the Tack Room and dusted off the GTB and match it with the Cholla Brush from the homestead as well as the "Cactus" Razor that was gifted to me by @Maryland998 . As Deseprado Dave mentioned in his video yesterday we do not see this combo much anymore and it had been a spell since I used it. Yipee Ki Yay and bow howdy was this a great shave. 3-passes and a DSBBS Shave. It was my huckleberry, Pilgrim!
( Video posted soon) Thanks @NurseDave for the request........ Muahahahaha

The KONA FIles:

The Boss let me sleep in today, so all Kona related doorman duties were handled by the Missus. In fact, as of this writing, Kona has not even wished me salutations today. The Miscreant! He has himself at the Patio Couch enjoying the Cool Desert Morning, before he tend to the critters on the South forty.

Thanks for moseying on by, Vaya con Dios..🤠

Back