The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

09 January 2022
"Viva la France"

Thiers-Issard la legende 6/8 Full Hollow
Sorrentino BrushWorks "Pillars of Creation" Synth
L'Occitane L'Occitan Shave Soap
Thayers Lemon / Proraso Alum / Proraso Talc
L'Occitane Cedrat Aftershave Balm
L'Occitane Cedrat EdT / L'Occitane L'Occitan EdT

01.09.2022.jpg

New dawn, New day, New Shave
All French today with product, razor and accoutrements with a bit of Italy and 1847 Massachusetts. Plus a double dose of Edt today mixing summer and winter. For the working part of the shave L'Occitane and Thiers-Issard were called up and performed as expected, and how could they not when orchestrated by the @Smattayu brush. Simply perfection.

The L'Occitane products do not get a ton of play or press, but they are wonderful. today was an amalgamation of the wonderfully Huge Lemon notes in Cedrat , and topped off with the woody, warn tones of L'Occitan, deep and spicy. The Thayers Lemon was a perfect layer for the Cedrat Balm and EDT to pile onto, with the Proraso Rosemary and Mint smoothing out everything. As expected the "singer" skated around the face providing a DSBBS Shave.
( video posting soon)

Kona was already out on patrol, this morning, thanks to Sharon.

Looking forward to today's zoom call with the gang

Thanks for stopping by

The L'Occitane products do not get a ton of play or press, but they are wonderful.
Truth. Pretty underrated overall with some fantastic products. If you haven't put your nose on Eau des Baux you're doing yourself a disservice.

10 January 2022

Essence Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard
Paladin Chief / Sabini
Fine American Blend Shave Soap
Fine American Blend Aftershave Splash
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Clubman Talc
YSL rive gauche pour homme EdT ( original formula )

01.10.2022.jpg

A Monday, a Barbershop feeling kinda day, and why not "Rive Gauche" Fine did a great job with the "Flavor" on this @NurseDave ..... From Scientific American

"smell not only influences but is an integral part of flavor", LOL

.... anyway a great shave with wonderful "Flavors" the Tedalus performed as expected and finished off with all the good stuff.

Video will be posted soon and is a study in Senility. LOL ( and yes this concerns YOU @NurseDave and an RX razor, HEEHEE )

Thanks for stopping by

10 January 2022

Essence Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard
Paladin Chief / Sabini
Fine American Blend Shave Soap
Fine American Blend Aftershave Splash
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Clubman Talc
YSL rive gauche pour homme EdT ( original formula )

View attachment 72805

A Monday, a Barbershop feeling kinda day, and why not "Rive Gauche" Fine did a great job with the "Flavor" on this @NurseDave ..... From Scientific American

"smell not only influences but is an integral part of flavor", LOL

.... anyway a great shave with wonderful "Flavors" the Tedalus performed as expected and finished off with all the good stuff.

Video will be posted soon and is a study in Senility. LOL ( and yes this concerns YOU @NurseDave and an RX razor, HEEHEE )

Thanks for stopping by

And Kona?

And Kona?
ooops Sorry Tim as I know you prefer that to my Drivel, LOL

Well, he was barking excessively this morning, and when I looked out he had all hackels up, and going nuts as there were some line workers, on a access road near our property. KONA was NOT happy and I believe he sensed something not right, well when I got our there the "worker" was stating some colorful adjectives to Kona and appeared to have a stick he planned on launching at the Pooch. Needless to say I "visited" the worker and had a sort of "come to Jesus" interaction and he became very nice, and was more than happy to leave the area. So Kona proved his wealth again, and was rewarded huge for his efforts. It is a double dip for him today, as the girls at the bank and some other errand locations I go to on Mondays also give him treats...... I think he likes Mondays best LOL

Sorry for missing the Kona Files

ooops Sorry Tim as I know you prefer that to my Drivel, LOL

Well, he was barking excessively this morning, and when I looked out he had all hackels up, and going nuts as there were some line workers, on a access road near our property. KONA was NOT happy and I believe he sensed something not right, well when I got our there the "worker" was stating some colorful adjectives to Kona and appeared to have a stick he planned on launching at the Pooch. Needless to say I "visited" the worker and had a sort of "come to Jesus" interaction and he became very nice, and was more than happy to leave the area. So Kona proved his wealth again, and was rewarded huge for his efforts. It is a double dip for him today, as the girls at the bank and some other errand locations I go to on Mondays also give him treats...... I think he likes Mondays best LOL

Sorry for missing the Kona Files
I also like reading your drivel :ROFLMAO:

I love Rive Gauche. Every time I use it all I can think about is that there is that it is one step closer to an empty container, and it will be a sad day when it's gone. Nevertheless it was made to be used and shared with the world around you. Even if the idiots did discontinue it.

11 January 2022
01.11.2022.jpg,

Good Shave today with the Chevalier ( Video will post later ) MWF is always great, and all the other characters in this shaveplay, were perfect. Although the shave was DSBBS, I think that a refresh on the Arks may be in order, as I think the last time I refreshed on this razor was a few yrs ago.

All Doctor appts today UGH, to see how the clot is dissolving I hope.

KONA FILES:
He was on the case early today, but opted to come inside to attack every toy he had, and decide that a tug-o-war was in order with his "octoghost". He still is learning some teeth control, and is slowly getting the concept of retrieval instead of run-away with toy, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

I still have trouble differentiating between some commands.
For example, "Bring me a cookie" and "Eat a cookie" generally get processed as the same thing.

Fingers crossed on your visit to the doc. 🤞

11-Jan-2022
Supplemental

Well, had another follow up with the Hematologist and finally some good news in the last year. All my blood/platelet and all the other clotting related blood work came out good, so good in fact, that no need for another sonogram and my body is dissolving the clot and I have no indicators that I will ever get another one. So I can come off the blood thinners by My birthday in March as a precaution, after that a regiment of one baby aspirins day for good. Also good news is, as if my Birthday I can get back out on the bike! Doc just wanted to make sure I am off the Eliquis/ Xarelto ( the new one, since my insurance won’t cover the former), just in case I take a fall or get hit.

He was surprised, as he stated “if I did not know your age, and history, these blood results along with your vitals would make me think you were in your thirties.

With that it was now completely definitive that is what the J&J vaccine (2nd shot) was the primary and causative reason for the clot. It was nice to see him document it not only in my chart but on the National database as well. In his words, just in case at some point any litigation should happen

The only bad news is, 30- more days of blood thinners, a baby aspirin a day forever, and the subcutaneous scars, venous damage, redness and some swelling may remain. But we can now move forward. Prayer and support does work!

Ok…. DVT down….. diabetes… I am coming for you!

903AADEF-E97E-4DE0-B6DF-FDB715374E99.jpeg
Going on a VSC journey this week, starting with Red Tail, in rememberance of the Tuskegee Airman. Cherry and Coffee are predominant, and the lather is wondeful. A tough one to pair, however the Pitralon and Randolph do a pretty good job. Of course the Vector always gives a DSBBS shave

Kona was out early, but in quick as it was in the 30’s he hung out in the Den while I shaved, a cookie and then back to bed

Another week starts and it will be a good one.

Thanks for stopping by

13 Jan 22

18015C84-31CD-421E-A86D-CFD9034B2F7B.jpeg

Typical Thursday o-dark-thirty shave, and a bit chilly in the low 30’s continuing the VSC week, this time with Champaign Lady, a nice blend of lemon/lavender/menthol. Typical more of a summer scent, but matched with the DR Harris Arlington it warmed it up. A good 3-pass shave with the red tip. Had to use both lemon and lavender Thayers today, to match all the lemony/lavender goodness

Kona:
Apparently too cold to even get up today….Until of course I was making breakfast then, maybe a free cookie. He did not know my resolve…. Well ok he did and trotted back off bed wagging his tail “sucker” I heard him exclaim 🥸🐺

Back