The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

CV Heljestrand MK*32
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Mama Bear Brute Shave Soap
Proraso Alum /Thayers Lemon, Clubman Talc
Brut Aftershave
Brut Reserve Cologne.

Great shave with the Queen today, and a nice remembrance of watching the old man shave when I was young, DSBBS and all the goodness that goes with Brut

Kona was on normal patrol today, and did perimeter checks while I took down all the Christmas lights.

Thanks for stopping by

( Video posted )

FBBB61DE-6FA9-4EFF-8B50-18EF5319E19E.jpeg
Back to the shop early this morning , so opted for an easy shave today. Nice all the way around

Kona determined that he has been spoiled over the holidays, and indicated that 0430 was waaay to early to go outside, especially when in was 29 degrees outside. I don’t think he even woke up LOL. Spoiled pooch

Have a good day

6 January 2022
37143712-CF5B-4890-B5C7-9227491EEE77.jpeg
Another “o-dark-thirty shave”. Back to the Tedalus, along with Nuavia Verde, Royall, Sorrentino, Armani, and a nice DSBBS shave

Again too early for “el doggo”. Also a beautiful sunrise from the window of my shop
19B70471-A600-4CF0-9A5B-251AB6642129.jpeg
Have a nice day folks

hey barberdave, is that a new italian soap you are using or is it something you have used before and how do you like it compared to that SV? thanks!

The most horrifying journal entry ever…..
1FABFDF6-73DF-43BA-A99F-4A175F14B8F7.jpeg
Running a bit late today, decided not to shave. After a few clients I felt like a hobo, but was back to back today so no time to give my self a straight shave, so a wet electric shave with the Braun 7, which I normally just use for fades and bald head cleanups oh well, at least I am “clean shaven” dfs at best, but that is a stretch

No time for “El Doggo” today so the @AvocadoQueen was on Kona watch

Have a good day

Normality
CD87F1D1-2FE8-4871-B7B6-425FBAB19602.jpeg
Well my journey into the twilight zone over and a good night sleep, a very nice “dawn patrol” shave. Vector ( the best SE period), Clown Puke, Sorrentino, Pitralon, and Elixir. Does not get much better

Even Kona was back in a regular schedule, out at 5:30 and back in bed, with treats of course by 0630.

I am not much for any COVID posts, but Tuesday I find out from my hematologist if the therapy and blood tests will show improvement and reduction in my DVT Blood Clot, the COVID gift the J&J booster gave me. Normally being ranked #4 in the nation would be a good thing, in this case not so much. I am happy for those that are recovering, and of course those that have not been infected. I unfortunately was given more of a permanent gift from the pandemic, that has marked me, like a tattoo forever, along with probably permanent veinous damage, oh well, at least I thought I was doing the right thing for my clients, am I angry, yes, would I have still vaccinated, I don’t really know. Probably, but certainly not with J&J. Either way I will never wear shorts again without the self consciousness

Anyway I have said my peace Thanks for stopping by

Back