The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Gillette President/wizamet
WCS Scale Brush/badger
Boellis Panama Shave Soap
Panama Daytona Aftershave/ EdT
Proraso alum/Thayers Lemon/Mennen Talc
56B454D5-2F49-48C1-81AE-DB61CF0CBABB.jpeg
34 degrees outside and dark for the pre-dawn shave. Italian and citrus all the way DSBBS

In other news, met with one of the top hematologists in AZ about the clot, as there was no viable reason i should have one. Anyway things are going. I wont go into, based on histology, what caused it, I am angry as it could have been prevented. Anyway, hopefully in 3-months I will be given the all clear.

In Kona news, he was up at 0430 and was willing to brave the Frosty dark, for his morning patrol. It did not last long, and he was ready to get warm ( uhh. husky?)(Diva) LOL. He is happy he has duck snack again. So a negotiation, a tail wag, and back to bed he went, as I left the house for the shop….While still dark. 1st time this year I had to scrape ice… I will take 100 degree temps over this any day LOL

Have a nice day

Blackland Blackbird Ti / PolSilver
Blackland /synth
Ethos Succes shave soap/aftersave/Edp
Proraso alum/Thayers Lemon/ Mennen Talc
Creed Aventus
1F4EC5A4-EDF6-4DB3-8AB0-F624E46572C7.jpeg
Turned up the aggression notch today with the Blackbird, as I get closer to thumbing my nose at my doc, and back to straights. Maybe even this weekend. Good shave today with everything Aventus inspired. Good 3-pass shave, no issues, and a supper close DSBBS

In other items health issues are stabalizing and the therapies continue to get rid of the clot, and to also manage the diabetes. Steady as she goes.

From the Kona files:
He took a PTO day, as apparently he has a contract with ACME, that allows him to take that time off with pay (treats). So he slept in and did not even get up to bid me adieu, in the dark of the morning as I left. 31 degrees at the ranch this morning, and damp with a bit of fog.

Have a great day

18 December 2021
Blackand Tradere / Wizamet
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
Floris #89 Shave Soap / aftershave / EdT
Proraso alum / Thayers Lemon / Mennen Talc
86247BEF-F3D9-4C00-ACCE-567F722980BF.jpeg

It’s Friday! Well for me it is. A nice O’Dark Thirty shave with the #89. Upped the game again with the Tradere. Yes I am working up to normality. Anyway a nice dsbbs shave before a busy day at the shop

Kona’s PTO day must have re-charged him, as at 0430 he was up and ready to patrol. Seemed like the cold weather did not concern him today, as a very unsuspecting rabbit was chased around the racetrack and slipped through out back fence. This moved caused a big pile up in Turn 3. After a quick pit stop he was back in the track for a few laps and into the garage for treats.

Thanks for stopping by

Yes I am working up to normality.
Dude, it’s not like the thinners are working less the longer you’re on them. Can’t blame you though. I’d probably keep shaving with shavettes at least on weekends when I didn’t have to go to work right away if something happened.

Dude, it’s not like the thinners are working less the longer you’re on them. Can’t blame you though. I’d probably keep shaving with shavettes at least on weekends when I didn’t have to go to work right away if something happened.
No I realize that Dave, but I can’t tell you when the last time I cut myself shaving with a straight razor or a shavette. Plus considering I’m about to drop the money on the Tedalus I need to get the muscle memory back. Not to mention, the other day Kona and I were horsing around and he got a little bit too snappy and caught me on my arm and it didn’t bleed That much longer than normal plus I want to enjoy shaving again this last month with a DE has been boring. Plus due to time constraints, yeah straights will be on the weekends, if I go there, I haven’t gotten approval from the boss yet

I saw a video of an animal guy called out to deal with a rattle snake in a sneaker. Thing keep striking every time he tried to nudge it out. I just kept thinking that I’m glad you play it safe and don’t jog.

Sunday's Shave

So nice to be back to straight razor shaving.

Filarmonica 12
Sorrentino
CBL Orion
Proraso Alum / Talc
Nivea
Penhaligons

12.19.2021.jpg

Good shave today:
Video Link :

Kona is on the case.

Back