The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

NO SHAVE TODAY.

Plan on doing errands in a hat, unshaven like a hobo LOL, In preparation for something special tomorrow.

Kona is back on the case, after his day off. Patrol complete I took him to the rest of the property today and let him romp this morning and flush out the local critters. I did discover that he, aside from all the other things he may be, i.e:

Husky
German Shepherd
Wile E. Coyote ( Genius )

Now he is beginning to think he is part reindeer as he now it jumping up and attempting flight. I may place some faux antlers on him and really freak out people walking by the front of the house, LOL

Thanks for stopping by
Man, the no shave bug seems to be hitting a lot of folks lately! 😂

What’s your hat of choice for the day? I don’t recall ever seeing you wear one yet in posted pics.

What in the holy hell!?!?!
A glitch in the Matrix

giphy.gif

14 December 2021

Gillette Super Adjustable / Wizamet
Sorrentino / Synth
Stirling Oro Valley Shave Soap, Aftershave, Edt
Proraso Alum, Thayers Cucumber, Mennen Shave Talc

12.13.2021.jpg

Well after the Matrix Glitch.....ok laziness that prevented a shave yesterday, back on the saddle today, with a repeat of Sunday's shave, with the addition of the aftershave and the Sorrentino Brush I have been drooling on for over a year. Things in life got in both our ways and it took this long to get, and BOY was it worth it. We both agree this is probably the finest handle he has ever done. I am honored to have it. Most of the membership does not know the complete history and ties to myself and Sorrentino Brushes, and it's evolution. Lets just say I am very proud to be a part of his growth since the very beginning when it was only an idea. @Smattayu has become a premiere bespoke brush artisan for sure, and if you don't have one of his brushes......... DUH, GET ONE!

Good shave today and the Stirling was as expected, and getting used to the SA and again a tribute of @Somnos

( Video will post soon )

Kona was back on track today, Literally. His habit has created a nice road coarse around the back and side yards, with nice high banked speed corners, high speed straight aways, and a few chicanes around a few cactus for good measure. His current track record is just over 1:40, but he broke that today at 1:31, with only one time when his back end broke loose around the Duck spectator stands. A quick trip to the pits to inspect tires and pads, a top off of fuel ( water) and away he went. A victory is his new record was celebrated with his normal Spinny act, as most of you have seen on our Cigar and Scotch video.

Thanks for stopping by

Kona was back on track today, Literally. His habit has created a nice road coarse around the back and side yards, with nice high banked speed corners, high speed straight aways, and a few chicanes around a few cactus for good measure. His current track record is just over 1:40, but he broke that today at 1:31, with only one time when his back end broke loose around the Duck spectator stands. A quick trip to the pits to inspect tires and pads, a top off of fuel ( water) and away he went. A victory is his new record was celebrated with his normal Spinny act, as most of you have seen on our Cigar and Scotch video.
Love your Kona Files, Dave. I can picture your crazy dog running about the yard, happy as can be.

Excellent shave as always, Dave. I can't tell you how may times I opened the Box O' Blanks over the last year, imagining what it would be like to have the shop set up again. That one was sitting on the top, and I couldn't wait to see what it would look like when it was finished. That handle was the 4th attempt to achieve something that I could envision but hadn't been able to produce yet. The last one before it was a handle that I turned for myself and was very happy with....until yours was finished lol. Someday I'll turn the first two and take pictures to show the process.

Thank you for being part of this journey and for being an encouragement the whole time, even when I was using my "redneck lathe" to do the sanding and finishing lol.

Wednesday shave
CEC05305-4CB5-40EF-AEB4-DE2E0D749BED.jpeg
Good quick shave today. Rainy and cold today so it was dark dark dark but with Mitchell’s wool fat the Nivea and I even used aqua Velva as an EDT. The vector gave a very nice DSBBS and Shave

Kona decided to sleep in today since it was cold wet and rainy outside

Thanks for stopping by

Back