The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Keep doing what you are doing Dave. Your health will fall into place. Not sure how long you have been on Metformin, but sometimes that medication takes a while to do it's magic. The good news about that stuff is that it is one of the most studied drugs out there and is really safe. There are a lot of people that take it just for longevity purposes only.

Hope things get better for you. I don't always comment, but I am thinking of you!

Keep doing what you are doing Dave. Your health will fall into place. Not sure how long you have been on Metformin, but sometimes that medication takes a while to do it's magic. The good news about that stuff is that it is one of the most studied drugs out there and is really safe. There are a lot of people that take it just for longevity purposes only.

Hope things get better for you. I don't always comment, but I am thinking of you!
Thanks Don , it is appreciated more
Than you know I have been on it for about 2 weeks and so far so good my blood glucose average over the last week is 125 with no major spikes either way down 15 lbs and sticking to a 60 carb per day diet so I am treating it like a mission
Thanks again

December 11, 2021
A Saturday shave

750EB2E2-9590-4E9A-A0D7-A51DFE706E45.jpeg

Vector/ProGuard
Sorrentino Barzini GID/cashmere
LNHC TSC Barbershop
Thayers Lemon, proraso alum, Nivea 2 in 1
Royall Yacht EDT

Cold, no freezing! It was 29° at our house after the storm yesterday. Had to be in to the shop early today so it was up Dawn patrol Shave. Everyone played real well together and the vector did its job nice DSBBS Shave today followed by the EDT

For a 45 pound puppy, Kona was able to make a footprint of himself very very small as he knew when I woke up this morning I was going to ask him to go outside. I guess he figured, that if he made himself look like a throw pillow I wouldn’t notice. I had to remind him that he was half husky and at the Husky Guild of dogs was going to laugh at him. He proceeded to look at me as if to say we’re not in Alaska I’m a desert husky now leave me alone. He then realize that negotiating for a treat was a better idea and then went back to bed as he was wagging his tail

Extremely busy day at the shop so far but only a couple of haircuts left and then it’s the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

Gillette Super Adjustable / Wizamet
Tucson Cholla / Maggards Super Badger
Stirling Oro Valley Shave Soap
Thayers Cucumber, Proraso Alum
CBL Hombres Aftershave Tonic
Stirling Oro Valley EDT

WOW, WOW, WOW on all Shave Fronts! ( video posted soon )

Kona is taking a sabbatical day

Sunday's Shave

Gillette Super Adjustable / Wizamet
Tucson Cholla / Maggards Super Badger
Stirling Oro Valley Shave Soap
Thayers Cucumber, Proraso Alum
CBL Hombres Aftershave Tonic
Stirling Oro Valley EDT

WOW, WOW, WOW on all Shave Fronts! ( video posted soon )

Kona is taking a sabbatical day
Gonna have to watch this one! Been curious about this set.

NO SHAVE TODAY.

Plan on doing errands in a hat, unshaven like a hobo LOL, In preparation for something special tomorrow.

Kona is back on the case, after his day off. Patrol complete I took him to the rest of the property today and let him romp this morning and flush out the local critters. I did discover that he, aside from all the other things he may be, i.e:

Husky
German Shepherd
Wile E. Coyote ( Genius )

Now he is beginning to think he is part reindeer as he now it jumping up and attempting flight. I may place some faux antlers on him and really freak out people walking by the front of the house, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Back