The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Arizona has the best groomed homeless vets in the country.

View attachment 65763
Indeed, it is something I take part in every year near veterans day. It is amazing how appreciative they are and a way to honor my brethen and celebrate those heros that some folks have forgotten. It is a nice event, we also serve them food, try to get them into rehab, medical and psychiatric help if needed and housing. Sadly the VA lets far too many of these folks slip through the cracks

Wednesday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

8464C4E0-C3E9-4695-9C6E-62166577476B.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Good nautical themed shave today with T&H with The President and Royall Yacht. Nice, quick and DSBBS

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another start to what looks to be a good week

THE KONA FILES:
Standard Day…Up, out the door, perimeter check, constitutional, sniff plants. Eat an ant, bark, inside, cookie, sleep.

Thursday’s Shave

4E5A0CB0-50FC-4039-9A49-38898A6275B6.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
A little chilly, a bit windy, so an old spice vibe was needed for an o’dark thirty shave. The Seaforth Spiced is just awesome. The President was on duty again, and followed up with Shulton Old Spice

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another busy day at the shop, and I received notifications for my Rudolph Gift that will all be here *hopefully* by the end of next week and then off to **** ***, USA

THE KONA FILES:
He was ready to start his patrol early today, and he discovered he also likes biscotti. We also now know his “Alert” bark, and frankly I would not challenge him, that with his hackles up, and puffed up, he is very Wolf like in appearance, and ALL BUSINESS. Turns out some cable folks were upgrading some lines, and Kona was having nothing to do with it, and was determined to let them know he was watching them. When done, he continued his perimeter and critter check, cookies and back to bed satisfied all was ok

Thanks for stopping by

Friday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

3681B414-32E8-47EF-BF96-4F83F1C58729.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Nuavia Verde, Aquae, Sorrentino, Floris Elite, and the Vector. Somewhat of a “Can’t decide what I want at the buffet” type of shave that all worked well. Great shave today

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Nothing to report

THE KONA FILES:
Normal patrol day today for him, and a couple extra cookies for being a good boy. He is looking forward to his 1st trip to Utah later this month

Thanks for stopping by

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:

11.09.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
While digging through some fodder, as I re-did the Bar, Cigar, Liquor Cabinet, and Command Center ( posted in whats in front of you thread) I came across this soap that was given to me either here or "there" during a Christmas exchange. Not sure who, but thanks as it had never been used. Much like MdC and with a soapy, citrusy floral scents. If you took MWF, Acqua di Parma, and Blenheim Bouquet and mixed them it would be this. Great shave with a new FPG in the Vector
(Video Posted)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
A few errands on my Sunday but more important something special for Kona... See below

THE KONA FILES:

The day has come, Kona's 1st full grooming since he became part of the family. A recommended groomer from one of my clients with a Goldie. MY only concern was the groomer was a male, and Kona, due to his past was a bit leary those of the Male Variety. He got much better when @uacowboy and @sunnysanity were fostering him, and we have worked extensively by socializing him. He was excited to just go for a ride, but he knew something was up, as when he got out of the truck and the groomer, I felt he thought he was going to the vet or something. A few encouraging words, and a cookie and we were off. Once inside all the new smells and other critters were great for him. The moment of Truce He met Scott ( Groomer ) and was a bit tentative for a few minutes, but Scott was slow and steady and a kiss on the nose told me Kona was ok with him. On a side note once we entered two or more folks mentioned his eye and him being a live version of Wyle E. Coyote.

Sharon met me for lunch at a Chinese joint next door since we have about an hour and a half to kill, as Kona was getting the Deluxe Wash, Wax and the works. When we picked him up he looked great, had a Thansgiving Bandana and him and Scott were fast friends. Nothing during the process bothered him in fact while being blown dry ( this place does not use crate anything ) he stood proudly on the table, as if to say
"YES, I LOOK AWESOME and YOU SHOULD all KNOW IT!

great service and great prices, and most importantly KONA looks great!

(right after grooming)
Kona Groomed 11.09.2021.jpg

Thanks for Stopping By

Wednesday’s Shave
THE STUFF:
AA1B024E-F5C2-4B44-BAF6-9C2277972512.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
A carbon copy of yesterday’s shave with the exception of the EA Berg 4/8 barber notch, and the MF Brush. This soap is a real winner. Good pre-dawn shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another start of the week, a busy one at that. Another week or so, and vacation time and Thanksgiving in Utah

THE KONA FILES: sleep cookie…. Back to bed

Thanks for stopping by

Back