The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
11.14.2021.jpg
THE SHAVE:
Ahhh, Tabac, Tornblom, and Sorrentino a Match made in.....well, somewhere. Great shave today!
(Video posted soon with a Calvacade of Stars! Soon)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Laundry, lazy day, Sunday Zoomies, A perfect way to start my weekend

THE KONA FILES:
I actually was allowed to sleep in today till almost 0800 WOW!, so MY lovely @AvocadoQueen took care of letting Wile E, out for his search and destroy mission this morning, but I thought I might make it to 0900, however Mr. Acme Rocket Skates decided to Tazmanian Devil the Bed, and wanted to wrestle, bite and kick. He then got the Zoomies and used me for the backstop landing from his full speed charge from the other side of the house..... OK I am up now. Again Kona is Broken, need parts......

Wile E.jpg

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
View attachment 67128
THE SHAVE:
Ahhh, Tabac, Tornblom, and Sorrentino a Match made in.....well, somewhere. Great shave today!
(Video posted soon with a Calvacade of Stars! Soon)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Laundry, lazy day, Sunday Zoomies, A perfect way to start my weekend

THE KONA FILES:
I actually was allowed to sleep in today till almost 0800 WOW!, so MY lovely @AvocadoQueen took care of letting Wile E, out for his search and destroy mission this morning, but I thought I might make it to 0900, however Mr. Acme Rocket Skates decided to Tazmanian Devil the Bed, and wanted to wrestle, bite and kick. He then got the Zoomies and used me for the backstop landing from his full speed charge from the other side of the house..... OK I am up now. Again Kona is Broken, need parts......

View attachment 67129
Sounds like either disc or drums will do it.

Thursday’s Shave
THE STUFF:
31C20DF2-2A4A-4530-8A3F-4620DEC580D7.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
A repeat, well almost, of yesterday’s shave. A bunch going on, but i believe thanks to a certain nurse (maybe) on the Thayers Lemon, it is good stuff. Looks like I am relegated to DE’s for awhile, actually it was suggested to use an Electric only. Ya right. More below

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Well the hits keep coming for 2021. Was having some leg pain and edema for a few days starting a week or so ago. Finally @AvocadoQueen convinced me I should go see a doctor, as I was convinced it was just residual nerve issues from my recent surgery. Of course not! When I do things I go big apparently. Well after a consult, a trip for a lower leg sonogram, and then back to the doctor, it turns out I have a blood clot in my femoral vein, better known as. Femoral veinous DVT. Oh Joy!

So now, Eliquis, a blood thinner, for at least the next 6 months or until the issue is resolved. So, I guess i have to be careful of cuts and so forth, so no straight razor shaving for a bit and was advised to use an electric. Uh Hell no I am a professional. So i guess the Feather ASD2 will be the choice, as it is the mildest. Sucks. As to the cause, is largely unknown, however the timing is suspect, to some items I wont mention, but the doctor is in agreement that it is a possibility based on clinical reports, although rare. So here we are, and hope for tje best.

THE KONA FILES:
Normal daily items

Thanks for stopping by

David, sorry to learn of your DVT. Eliquis should take care of that for you. Yeah, the whole electric razor thing is a standard recommendation we suggest to anyone on a blood thinner. Actually, even those on just a daily 81mg aspirin might get the same warning. I ignored it, too, and as soon as I was allowed up a day or so postop I was at the sink, shaving with a safety razor. I think you are wise to forego the straights for a few months, a deep enough nick could require medical intervention. That could quickly take the fun out of shaving.

Damn Dave, sorry about your situation brother.. Hope you get it resolved soon.

I have a permanent vena cava filter from back when my car accident happened to catch potential clots. Weird seeing it on x-rays when I have to get them done.

Back