The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:

10.24.2021.jpg
THE SHAVE:
Nice early morning shave today with some long lost friends. I have shaved recently with the la legende from TI, however all the other "stuff" was lost in the depths of the soap and brush lockers. Sad because PdP is such a good product. Still need to get the edp for this as well 3-passes, a bit of cleanup and DSBBS, as expected with this set-up. The finishing items topped off with Endymion Concentre EdP and good to go ( VIDEO POSTED)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much on the agenda today, other that some tree planting for the boss, laundry, and the TSC Zoom call, so a nice relaxing day, although it is supposed to be near 90 degrees today, before a freefall, to the 60's and some rain. Ahhh, Fall in AZ...... You just never know.

THE KONA FILES:
For those of you that are following the continued journey of Wyle E. Coyotes cousin. ( You be the Judge, see photos below ) His laziness yesterday morning, was of course erased with today's escapades. I really, really wanted to sleep in this morning, as 4:00 am during the week gets old, and at least 6:00 am PLEASE..... Uh NO! I was in that space we all love between slumber and consciousness, where its warm and you realize you are in sleep Nirvana. "What is that Sound?" A jingling, "Is it a Christmas Dream?" NO! Jingling is from Collar jewelry, and when realized he is engaging after burners and preparing for launch..... Launch over, and onto the bed. Ya ( sigh ) I guess I am awake as the shower of licking, tail, wagging, slobbler and "Hi Daddy" "Why are your still in bed" When that fails, as I was trying to pretend I was asleep, He consulted his ACME Manual, and proceeded to envoke the "KONA TORNADO SPIN METHOD" which is quite effective in removing covers. This was followed by a jumpy, bitey thing he had come up with... Ya I was up.

Kona Salutes his Cadre!

giphy.gif

Him and His Cousin? You be the Judge

Anticipation wating for something good.jpg
wile-e-coyote.jpg

Thanks for stopping By

Last edited:
Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:

View attachment 64802
THE SHAVE:
Nice early morning shave today with some long lost friends. I have shaved recently with the la legende from TI, however all the other "stuff" was lost in the depths of the soap and brush lockers. Sad because PdP is such a good product. Still need to get the edp for this as well 3-passes, a bit of cleanup and DSBBS, as expected with this set-up. The finishing items topped off with Endymion Concentre EdP and good to go ( VIDEO POSTED)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much on the agenda today, other that some tree planting for the boss, laundry, and the TSC Zoom call, so a nice relaxing day, although it is supposed to be near 90 degrees today, before a freefall, to the 60's and some rain. Ahhh, Fall in AZ...... You just never know.

THE KONA FILES:
For those of you that are following the continued journey of Wyle E. Coyotes cousin. ( You be the Judge, see photos below ) His laziness yesterday morning, was of course erased with today's escapades. I really, really wanted to sleep in this morning, as 4:00 am during the week gets old, and at least 6:00 am PLEASE..... Uh NO! I was in that space we all love between slumber and consciousness, where its warm and you realize you are in sleep Nirvana. "What is that Sound?" A jingling, "Is it a Christmas Dream?" NO! Jingling is from Collar jewelry, and when realized he is engaging after burners and preparing for launch..... Launch over, and onto the bed. Ya ( sigh ) I guess I am awake as the shower of licking, tail, wagging, slobbler and "Hi Daddy" "Why are your still in bed" When that fails, as I was trying to pretend I was asleep, He consulted his ACME Manual, and proceeded to envoke the "KONA TORNADO SPIN METHOD" which is quite effective in removing covers. This was followed by a jumpy, bitey thing he had come up with... Ya I was up.

Kona Salutes his Cadre!

giphy.gif

Him and His Cousin? You be the Judge

View attachment 64803
wile-e-coyote.jpg

Thanks for stopping By

That razor is stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a simple statement we tell anybody who’s coming over do not wear the best clothes you haveunless you want to get dog hair and cat hair all over them. We allow our cats and dogs on and around all of our furniture because they live here you don’t LOL. We also never put them away or lock them up in a room when company is coming over. again it’s their house

Monday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.25.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Late afternoon shave good CBL shave and DSBBS from the Boker, Video posted soon

OTHER RAMBLINGS: "Errand Monday" as usual made for the late shave as early, went and got the booster dose of J & J vaccine. Went to the shop to pick up some product for a TSC member, to the bank, then brought home lunch for the boss ( Chipotle ) and did some tree planting, had a cigar, and here we are.

THE KONA FILES:
As is every Monday, it is "his day" he went with me to the pharmacy ( he was glad he did not need a shot ) and to the shop for the 1st time, and then his favorite stop at the bank, where the tellers always tell him what a beauty he is and his two cookies. he had, as all of us a good day

Thanks for stopping by

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.26.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
DE shave today with the crat. MWF and all the accoutrements and a new Wizamet made for nice DSBBS Shave.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
90 yesterday for a high and 70 today with a nice 56 degrees this morning, with some rain. Gotta love AZ in October. Swimming one day and in a Parka the next LOL. Good times

THE KONA FILES:
He does not like the cool weather, which is odd "uhhh Husky" He woke me up at about 4 am, by jumpingon my pillow "EARTHQUAKE" and whining to go out. When the cool air hit him however he tried to do a 180, but I had expected that, and scooched him out. No perimeter check this time in the rain. Did his business and back in LOL. Now he Sleeps

Thanks for stopping by

THE STUFF:
977C50CA-54F9-4097-B82E-CF73EDA7BCC3.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Quick Vector shave today with Panama and Sorrentino

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Well I can tell you the JJ booster is a $&@?! Feeling rotten today. Did not have any issues with the original vaccine and was not expecting this. Hopefully only a few days of Blah

THE KONA FILES:
At 4:00 am today is was 37 and again he looked up, as if too say I will hold it till the sun comes up and mommy lets me out, Besides I did chase away the Bobcat last night! So i am a hero! “Well ok there was a fence between us, but he saw me and knew I would have kicked his butt, if that fence was not there”. Ok Kona you believe that, lucky the fence was there and i had the rifle, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Back