The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

THE STUFF
0BFE4330-3247-4BE7-BC21-0A5609D26502.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Needed to get the shop early today, so a quick Shave stick shave with the ASD2. It is really an auto-pilot shave. Finished up with Nivea and the Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Feeling a bit better today after the JJ booster shot. Still not up 100%, but better

THE KONA FILES:
A bit more temperate today so “Mr Diva” dog was ok with going outside at 0430. He is back to his perimeter checking of the back yard for aliens, and other non-authorized critters , his sniffs and cookie, and with all the work done, he needs to rest, so back to bed. He gives me a tail wag and off he goes to get comfortable with his wooby and toys. Such is the day of Kona
Good day TSC Hoomans

494C5909-89CB-4BD5-82B3-41D0163B68A6.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by

THE STUFF
View attachment 65315

THE SHAVE:
Needed to get the shop early today, so a quick Shave stick shave with the ASD2. It is really an auto-pilot shave. Finished up with Nivea and the Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Feeling a bit better today after the JJ booster shot. Still not up 100%, but better

THE KONA FILES:
A bit more temperate today so “Mr Diva” dog was ok with going outside at 0430. He is back to his perimeter checking of the back yard for aliens, and other non-authorized critters , his sniffs and cookie, and with all the work done, he needs to rest, so back to bed. He gives me a tail wag and off he goes to get comfortable with his wooby and toys. Such is the day of Kona
Good day TSC Hoomans

View attachment 65318

Thanks for stopping by
Cremo IMO is one of the best bargains in the shaving world

THE STUFF:
A285FAB5-A358-423A-8B55-797A79D6662A.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
It’s Friday! Busy day in the shop so a quick shave and go today. Shave stick to the rescue. The Red Tip, Pitralon, and Penhaligon’s Elixir to finish it all off. Looking forward to tue Halloween Shave and video. Should be fun, with a special soap, aftershave and Edt

OTHER RAMBLINGS: nothing to report, other than looking forward to the weekend LOL

THE KONA FILES:
As we get closer to winter mornings are a bit depressing as technically it is still “night time”. No light, no dawn rays, now the legos and Lincoln logs attacking your feet, have been replaced by dog toys. Even though there is no foot pain, it has been replaced by near heart attacks via the squeakies! Anyway Kona’s response to me was…
“Yo Dad, it’s dark, it’s cold, you woke me up with multiple squeakies, so if you will excuse me
It is 0430 and i want to sleep” “chuff” “rolls over” and so that is that. Ok Kona, now when you try to wake the boss up in a few hours, you may re-think your earlier refusal to go out, as Sharon IS NOT a morning person. Nice going Wyle E.

Thanks for stopping by

Halloween Shave

THE STUFF:
10.31.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Only bring this soap, AS, and EdT combo out on Halloween, It is a super complex amalgamation of fragrance but is wonderful either together, or separate. IT is like having 3 soaps, aftershave, and EdT. Meant to be mixed to show the Good side of Jekyll and the Bad side of Hyde. So, a bright and dark combo. Good Stuff. The Stark Razor is just superb and a one off so not shaven with that often, also considering it a murderous beast and has given me some nice racing stripes over years. Good DSBBS today.

VIDEO:

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Happy Halloween Everyone, Zoom Call tonight for the TSC and for those that can't make it, I hope it is a great and safe day for you

THE KONA FILES:
Upset that we used one of his Chew Toys in the Video today, he is demanding treats, and residuals. This dog is too smart. Perimeter checks, as well as critter check done, he is ready for patrol for ghosts and goblins.... I wonder if I should tell him he will be dressed as a Road Runner for Halloween LOL.

Wow, that is hitting the highest notes on the entertainment scale.

Gonna be hard to top for sure.

Flawlessly carried out shaving skills, as usual.

Beautiful Stark shave piece.

Monday's Shave

THE STUFF:
11.01.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Good shave today. All items played well together

( Video posting)

OTHER RAMBLING:
Well my normal Saturday of running errands (Yes Monday's are my 2nd Saturday), as well as heading down to cut hair at a homeless veterans event, and teaching a shaving class at a local barber college in the am. picked up some T-bones for dinner. bank, etc, Been a Good day well.... see below

THE KONA FILES:
Not a happy pup today when he found out that we would not be having our normal Doggo/Daddy Day. Because of all the places I had to be today, I could not take Kona with me, and he let me know by chewing up some stuff, when both Sharon and I had to leave for awhile, then when I cam home he ignored me for about 5 seconds until I begged forgiveness and gave him a few "extra" treats All is well now

Thanks for stopping by

Back