The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

19 October 2021
Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.19.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
This razor ( better known as the Meat Slicer ) had always been the most intimidating razor in the stable, Yes, more so that any shavette, straight, or other sushi maker. With the blade exposure as it is the angle has to be perfectly flat on the cap or it will dig in. Today, she felt kind to me and left me with all my bloodily fluid. The GEM Blade was a bit off, so DFS today. The Palmolive stick always provides a good medium for the razor to glide around on, and the finish of AV Sport, Thayers, and Canoe, made up for any issues with the shave closeness ( Vifdeo posted )

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
No much on the agenda today except a haircut, and really that is about it. Will laze around the patio this afternoon until the TSC game night, maybe a cigar.

THE KONA FILES: He was up and on the case early today. Sharon let him out to run and do his normal morning duties. He rough-housed a bit, before I had to go, and upon returning he joined us (ON) the picnic table, yes (ON) the table while we scarfed down Sonoran Dogs ( see what ya eating thread). After he was let our in the bigger yard to do his windsprints. Three Harris Hawks and One Red Tail hawk have taken up residence in a few of our Mesquite trees. They find it good scanning ground for rabbits, ground squirrels, etc on the menu. Today however, they were yakking up a terrible noise as KONA all but made it know it was HIS yard. They continued to squawk up a storm before taking a chance at him, snagging them out of the air. The eldest of the raptors held his ground with me for awhile knowing I would not hurt him, however when "The Kona" came over, he determined that retreat was best. I am not so sure how well Kona would fair, considering these birds stand about 2-feet tall and have talons that would make even Ruger Blush. Anyway with the Kona Patrol, all is well, and he says hello and salutes the Cadre.

giphy.gif

Thanks for stopping by

We typically have red tail hawks around here and East of us we have a lot of bald eagles. For several years we had a breeding pair of mexican eagles in the back tree line. One year they flew up by the house and made off with two full size geese (the same day).

Wednesday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
5C75CC9F-8F7A-4B69-9D14-5F15184ED357.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
Start to the week and a good shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Was informed today that we lost our brother and TSC member recently. A greet loss and GodSpeed Ed. It just showcases the fact that take the time to let folk know how you feel before it is too late. Destiny does not care about time or age. When it happens it happens, whether you are 8 or 80. With friends and loved ones, don’t assume they know how you feel. Tell them!

THE KONA FILES:
No entry today

Thanks for stopping by

Thursday
THE STUFF:
D98A580D-4DB9-4CE9-80F4-8BC55147AF1F.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
Good early morning shave, little bit of a mishmash of items but still a DSBBS Shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Still thinking of Ed and continued prayers to his family. Busy day at the shop. Lots of shaves today so it should be fun.

THE KONA FILES:
Routine, routine. Early perimeter check, no critters today, however he was interested
In some raccoon tracks he discovered. More investigation required. Kona is on the case

Thanks for stopping by

Friday’s Shave

THE STUFF
696D08D0-83AF-4608-A3B8-0A976AE9784F.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Pre-Dawn shave, seemed like a perfect day for Heather, Paladin, Blackbird Ti, and of course English Fern. Great shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Busy but steady day on the shop’s agenda today not quite as crazy back to back and into the evening as yesterday. Ao tue back and legs will get a break LOL

THE KONA FILES:
El Doggo Loco was ready to go in patrol early, really early, at 0400. Nope! Not happenning. “Oh Really” he chuffed, and proceeded to jump on the bed and “make himself known” by laying across me until paralysis set in. Not to mention the conversation with Teeth and claws, him and Ruger decided on.

So, I guess I was done sleeping and the normal patrol started. You know the rest. Cookie negotiation, coffee making, more cookie negotiation, finishing with him yawning and going back to bed. He is an evil doggo

Thanks for stopping by

I'm pretty sure that is the basic routine of most dog owners. My Shepherd Lab Mix has gotten into the habit lately or getting me up around 0100 having to go to the bathroom. She then gets me up at five (weekday or weekend it doesn't matter) to go out again and get fed. Only to look at her bowl and then look at me as if she is saying, "you are going to feed me that crap?" Keep in mind that my dog's grocery bill is about as much as ours (not really but kinda) because she eats super good dog food.

But hey, at least you smell great!

I'm pretty sure that is the basic routine of most dog owners. My Shepherd Lab Mix has gotten into the habit lately or getting me up around 0100 having to go to the bathroom. She then gets me up at five (weekday or weekend it doesn't matter) to go out again and get fed. Only to look at her bowl and then look at me as if she is saying, "you are going to feed me that crap?" Keep in mind that my dog's grocery bill is about as much as ours (not really but kinda) because she eats super good dog food.

But hey, at least you smell great!
Agreed Don. Willie wakes us up every morning around 4 to go out. Then he gets back in bed and waits for us to actually get up to eat. Weekday or weekend is not a concern for him either.

Saturday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

4F036366-EE48-480E-BE6A-6C8F794C530A.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Good clown puke shave today with the red tip

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Nothing to report 7 -bells and all is well

THE KONA FILES:
It’s Saturday, it’s early, I am warm in your bed , go to the shop BarberBoy. We will play later

Back