The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Saturday’s Shave
THE STUFF
010F06A5-99B8-419F-8D0C-E76886C679F4.jpeg

THE SHAVE
Good early morning shave. All Pen’s today and sadly, yet another, frag than Penhaligon’s has tanked but just a wonderful take on a modern Barbershop scent. Its my Friday woohoo

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Pretty good shave week so far not much else going on getting the property in shape.

THE KONA FILES:
The doggo was reminded he had fans and a contract to them so he was scolded for the past few days of transgressions in laziness. He was up at 0500 today ready for his perimeter check he came back saluted and received his cookie. Now he ready for his weekend nap duties

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.17.2021.jpg
THE SHAVE:
Speed shave today, and no better products to do that, than the Feather ASD2, and Proraso all around 3 passes in under 8 mins, as we head out for errands and hunting some items at Costco for @CVargo. Nice 3 passer and BBS for the Win.

OTHER RAMBLING:
Warm day for October as we tour the city for errands not done during the week, including a stop at a DDD joint for lunch. Windy as heck today.

THE KONA FILES:
Sharon was on Doggo Duty this morning as I slept in to a late morning of 0630 LOL, so much for that. A cold Nose hovered above me as OI woke.... Oh and Kona was there also HEHE. Perimeter check complete and 2 acre windsprints from one side of the yard to the other and hopefully he will nap now. He got into a bit of trouble yesterday evening as I let him out into the larger part of the ranch he decided to try his hand at catching a dove from mid air. Sucess to him is "bad bad" to Sharon. We happened to have front row seats as he chased, left and got the dove. His mouth and legs were covered in crimson, as it took a bit of chasing to get the bird out of his mouth, although a soft mouthed canine the bird did not last long. Sharon being who she is placed it high up in a tree for the other desert critters to find.. Circle of life I guess. The look she then turned around and faced Kona with, would scare the most resolute of humans, let alone Senor Doggo.. Ears back and in a very submissive position he took his scolding. Scary part was, Sharon never raised her voice, but the tone was all business. My take on it was, he was just doing what instinct told him to do, but I can see her point of what if he decides one day to do that to the cats, I assured her that Ruger and Maui both are well healed in "taking care of business" if that should happen, which I doubt, because as of now He is terrified of the Feline Overloards.

So, I washed the blood off his mouth and legs, and asked him, if it tasted like chicken? Sharon did not appreciate that.... So again a submissive position as the Human took his Scolding from my Satan, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
View attachment 64055
THE SHAVE:
Speed shave today, and no better products to do that, than the Feather ASD2, and Proraso all around 3 passes in under 8 mins, as we head out for errands and hunting some items at Costco for @CVargo. Nice 3 passer and BBS for the Win.

OTHER RAMBLING:
Warm day for October as we tour the city for errands not done during the week, including a stop at a DDD joint for lunch. Windy as heck today.

THE KONA FILES:
Sharon was on Doggo Duty this morning as I slept in to a late morning of 0630 LOL, so much for that. A cold Nose hovered above me as OI woke.... Oh and Kona was there also HEHE. Perimeter check complete and 2 acre windsprints from one side of the yard to the other and hopefully he will nap now. He got into a bit of trouble yesterday evening as I let him out into the larger part of the ranch he decided to try his hand at catching a dove from mid air. Sucess to him is "bad bad" to Sharon. We happened to have front row seats as he chased, left and got the dove. His mouth and legs were covered in crimson, as it took a bit of chasing to get the bird out of his mouth, although a soft mouthed canine the bird did not last long. Sharon being who she is placed it high up in a tree for the other desert critters to find.. Circle of life I guess. The look she then turned around and faced Kona with, would scare the most resolute of humans, let alone Senor Doggo.. Ears back and in a very submissive position he took his scolding. Scary part was, Sharon never raised her voice, but the tone was all business. My take on it was, he was just doing what instinct told him to do, but I can see her point of what if he decides one day to do that to the cats, I assured her that Ruger and Maui both are well healed in "taking care of business" if that should happen, which I doubt, because as of now He is terrified of the Feline Overloards.

So, I washed the blood off his mouth and legs, and asked him, if it tasted like chicken? Sharon did not appreciate that.... So again a submissive position as the Human took his Scolding from my Satan, LOL

Thanks for stopping by
Great post. What breed is Kona?

18 October 2021
Monday's Shave

THE STUFF:

10.18.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Have not shaved with CC North in awhile. Not because I have not wanted to, but both the Soap and Aftershave were MIA in the soap locker and Aftershave locker respectfully. I really need to start more of a rotation in there, as there is stuff in there I have probably forgotten, Anyway it was an excuse to rotate some stock and pull out my favorite razor. As always a super smooth shave with the Dragon, and all the supporting cast, helped it be a tremendous afternoon shave ( Video to post soon )

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
As always, Monday's are Errand, Bank, Supplies, Chores and so forth, I got started super early today. Had some discussions with my TSC partners on Logistics for the Convention in Vegas, early on, and then out and about, home, Ranch stuff, Laundry and finally a shower and shave. Now I can drink and smoke a cigar, with Lasagna on the menu for tonight.

THE KONA FILES:
Kona always looks forward to Mondays, as they start with the morning constitutional, perimeter check, and critter chasing, followed by his 300-400 yrd multiple windsprints. Followed by cookies, lying around the porch, until it is time to go with Daddy on errands and go for a R-I-D-E. Bounds into the truck, since he knows the girls at the bank will always give him two cookies. He has gotten so used to it that he knows when I get into the parking lot of the bank, further he knows I pick up lunch usually for Sharon and I, so where ever we go, the staff usually gives him treat of Doggo Cookies or Doggie Ice Cream.... I am beginning to think Monday is his favorite day. Plus he gets to hang out on the porch while daddy drinks Scotch, smokes cigars, and listen to his book.... Maybe a fire, and then Dinner begging, Ahhhh the Kona Life

Thanks for stopping by

You know why they lick “parts” of there body???

… because they can LOL
One quiet night at work one of the nurses was talking about her pet dog and how its habit of licking himself disgusted her. There were several of us nurses gathered, mostly women. One blurted out, "You guys would do that if you could!" There followed a spirited discussion regarding the veracity of her statement (generally accepted as true), and under what circumstances it would occur (birthdays, holidays, etc.). It was an interesting night. :)

One quiet night at work one of the nurses was talking about her pet dog and how its habit of licking himself disgusted her. There were several of us nurses gathered, mostly women. One blurted out, "You guys would do that if you could!" There followed a spirited discussion regarding the veracity of her statement (generally accepted as true), and under what circumstances it would occur (birthdays, holidays, etc.). It was an interesting night. :)
That is too funny

Back