The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Saturday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
1633192339713.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Grab and go shave today, whatever was closest in arm’s length to get the job done, and still have a good shave. This was the result. The new Wizamet in the Fatboy is really providing a great DSBBS shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
My Friday today and a busy day in the shop finishing up with @uacowboy and his son. Looking forward to the “weekend”

THE KONA FILES:
Nothing to report. He slept in

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.03.2021.jpgGS

THE SHAVE: Video Posted: BarberDave's Barbershop at Home

OTHER RAMBLINGS: Nice day today after the shave spending with my bride Took a nice car ride to a Mexican Restaurant that is our favorite in a little mining town about 30 miles from us in the San Pedro River Valley. HAve been going to this place for over 30 yrs and it has been operating since the 40's Best Mexican food in the state, especially the Chile Rellenos. Pics Here:

THE KONA FILES:
Being a bit warm today the beastie has to stay at home while we noshed.... He was super excited when we got back and wanted to romp, so Bang, Zip, Boom off he went. got the tennis ball launcher and for a few long throws he ran, got and brought it back, Once he went end over end, as the whole stopping from Mach-5 he is still learning, and I think we need to change his brakes. Then He realized we left him home, when food was at stake and he played me... He was hopping and barking as if he wanted to play more fetch, so I launched the ball across the yard he went after it, grabbed it, look at me as I hopped around begging him to bring it back.... The German Shepherd side wanted to bring it back, but the Siberian Husky side won, and he dropped it on the entire other side of the property and trotted right by me, as if to say. "Should have taken me with you... So get it yourself fatman" LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
View attachment 62715GS

THE SHAVE: Video Posted: BarberDave's Barbershop at Home

OTHER RAMBLINGS: Nice day today after the shave spending with my bride Took a nice car ride to a Mexican Restaurant that is our favorite in a little mining town about 30 miles from us in the San Pedro River Valley. HAve been going to this place for over 30 yrs and it has been operating since the 40's Best Mexican food in the state, especially the Chile Rellenos. Pics Here:

THE KONA FILES:
Being a bit warm today the beastie has to stay at home while we noshed.... He was super excited when we got back and wanted to romp, so Bang, Zip, Boom off he went. got the tennis ball launcher and for a few long throws he ran, got and brought it back, Once he went end over end, as the whole stopping from Mach-5 he is still learning, and I think we need to change his brakes. Then He realized we left him home, when food was at stake and he played me... He was hopping and barking as if he wanted to play more fetch, so I launched the ball across the yard he went after it, grabbed it, look at me as I hopped around begging him to bring it back.... The German Shepherd side wanted to bring it back, but the Siberian Husky side won, and he dropped it on the entire other side of the property and trotted right by me, as if to say. "Should have taken me with you... So get it yourself fatman" LOL

Thanks for stopping by
Kona…. Typical ungrateful mutt comments.

Feed him donuts to lower HIS center of gravity and he will quit that stuff.

Help his brake issues too!
😎

Monday’s Shave

No shave today ,as the crap hit the fan early today and has not stopped. So one thing after the other. I realize the 2020 and 2021 have thrown all of us for a loop but that’s still no excuse for piss poor customer service across all disciplines. I sincerely hope that this is not what our country has become

Anyway the good news is I’ll have that much more to shave off tomorrow morning so it’s all good

Thanks for stopping by

Monday’s Shave

No shave today ,as the crap hit the fan early today and has not stopped. So one thing after the other. I realize the 2020 and 2021 have thrown all of us for a loop but that’s still no excuse for piss poor customer service across all disciplines. I sincerely hope that this is not what our country has become

Anyway the good news is I’ll have that much more to shave off tomorrow morning so it’s all good

Thanks for stopping by
Hope tomorrow’s better for you my friend

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
10.05.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Used some items that have been in the dungeon for awhile and sad I dont use it more, The Stark was a beast today and all the other items were perfect to take off a 2-day beard. DSBBS for sure
( Video Posted )

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
What a difference a day makes, still dealing with some really ill-advised decisions from some folks and some residual stupidity from others, but overall a nice day made some lunch to enjoy on the patio for my bride and me, and we are expecting some storms later so the temps are mild. A cigar and a dram of scotch are surely on the menu later as I enjoy the last day before heading back to the shop

THE KONA FILES:

I think these photos say more than words can, LOL

kona lunch 2 10.5.2021.jpgkona lunch 10.5.2021.jpg
Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday’s shave

THE STUFF:
E74A01A7-C40C-4D50-800D-7AD7878422AA.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Another good shave with Fine. Today with the Classic Italian Citrus finished with Acqua Di Parma, using the Weber PH. Good stuff

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another start to my week and a busy one removing hair for scalp and face LOL

THE KONA FILES:
Wake up, jump in bed, go outside, get cookie,
request belly scritch, say good bye at the door, back to sleep

Thanks for stopping by

Back