The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
09.28.2021.jpg
THE SHAVE:
If you have not tried the CBL Orion base..... You need to crawl out from that rock and just buy it, love it, and love it. Tremendous stuff. 1st shave with the Dovo after honing this morning, and although a good shave, I think it needs a bot more refining, this time on the Translucent Ark I think. All in all a good three pass shave for BBS. Followed by the norm including the Savoy steam, by Pen's, which was the inspiration for the soap and Aftershave from CBL.. GOOD STUFF
(VIDEO POSTED)

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Typical late Sept. day but a bit breezy, but at least the skeeters are gone for the most part. Lots to do on the Ranch but my Lumbar Spine Overlord is still watching what I do constantly, Was changing a Front Porch light and got reprimanded for my ladder use, LOL. Last day before heading back to the shop.

THE KONA FILES: Lazy, Lazy dog this morning and most of the early afternoon, lots of yawning, stretching and sitting on the porch, Although he perked up when the Cottage Cheese, Salsa and chips came out, LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday’s Shave
2A77AA01-9EAB-4C5E-B000-1A085FE73370.jpeg
THE SHAVE
the o’dark thirty begin again and Ethos got the call up as it was just inside the soap locker, amd glad i did. The greenfresh is always a good shave and finishing with the Floris makes it extra special

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another week’s start at the shop. Looks to be another busy week as we are back to 110%

THE KONA FILES:
“El Doggo” must have known it was my Monday as, with squeaky in mouth he knew I needed a morning thrashing and a romp around the back yard to ensure the critters knew Kona was on patrol. That done he wagged his tail, negotiated for his morning cookie and promptly plopped on his bed to sleep

Thanks for stopping by

THE KONA FILES:
“El Doggo” must have known it was my Monday as, with squeaky in mouth he knew I needed a morning thrashing and a romp around the back yard to ensure the critters knew Kona was on patrol. That done he wagged his tail, negotiated for his morning cookie and promptly plopped on his bed to sleep
king-history.gif

Thursday's Shave

THE STUFF:
09.30.2021.jpg
THE SHAVE:
Using the Gillette Fatboy today with a new Wizamet. The Hombres provided a very nice rink for the razor to skate on. I am very proud of this soap, how @CBLindsay captured the notes that really describe in a scent journey of the Southwest and that of not only mine, but all Old Tyme Western Barbershops. 3-passes and DSBBS followed by my normal accoutrements and the Hombres Barbershop Aftershave for the win. Using the Cholla Brush by @Graydog just made it even better.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Today was sort of an experiment to see how close I am to be back to 100% after surgery... Results were promising but a bit optimistic. Normally I leave about 5 minutes between each service for sweeping, sanitizing etc, and to date I have been giving myself about a 15-20 min break for my legs. Today I threw caution to the wind and scheduled 20+ services including quick trims, buzzcuts, shaves, regular styles etc. Although the back felt good, the legs were shot. I wont be doing that again, probably until after the 1st of the year, to ensure I dont screw up my recovery. It was good however to guage where I am at, and had to admit I am not quite up to full speed yet. Will sleep good tonight, LOL

THE KONA FILES:
Pretty same routine today, he arose lazily, as if to say "You do know how early it is right?" So outside to do his biz, do a perimeter check, harass the Ducks and Chickens for a bit, then a cookie. He did wish me a fond farewell at the door today however, and was even more excited when I got home. As I write this he has his head on my lap, and just went in and plopped on our bed for a mid-evening nap, and will be up later with the Boss, as she is a nightowl. Life is improving in 2021

Thanks for stopping by

Friday’s Shave
THE STUFF:
B92B2674-1B54-424B-8262-1A7793352AF8.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Look above… 🎤 drop

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
More of a routine day in the shop expected and finally having the yard fixed up after this summer’s monsoon. Tonight will be a nice dram of Scotch and a good cigar

THE KONA FILES:
It being October and it being 54 degrees this morning on the patio. Kona went to the door, took one scan of the yard from the upper deck and turned around and went back to his warm bed. As if to say, “uhhhh nope to cool, I am an Arizona German Shepherd Husky, not Siberian or German, I will wait until it’s in the 70’s”. “Mom will let me out when it gets warm and when the sun comes up”. So it goes with the pooch

Thanks for stopping by

Back