The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Is this a record for your part of Arizona - especially since you got hit a couple weeks ago as well?
At our house specific yes. We have had 17 inches of rain since June 15 which makes it the wettest monsoon so far and we still have a month left. At the Airport, which is the official reporting station we are still 3rd overall highest so far, bur even there it should be broken. As under normal circumstances we get about 13 inches a year

Thursday’s Shave

THE STUFF:

D8C7B46D-69A2-4B44-9C04-D7D7786BEB8E.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Good stuff all the way around with @CBLSoap.com Barba. 3- passes with the Tradere and finished with the vintage Rive Gauche

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Another busy day at the shop, a couple of shaves, some beard styling, flat tops, crew cuts, a few fades, and of course Gentlemens Shear only styling. Gonna be a great day

Thanks for stopping by

Friday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
253DD58F-0CED-4ADE-B8B5-EA434E6D901F.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
Floris is probably one of the most underrated bespoke shaving lines, but in my opinion, simply the best. No British Triple milled soap lathers as well, nor is so slick. Good stuff. Today was the Ian Flemming Bond shave with No. 89. Also the Blackland Ti, which i have had for awhile is an extremely aggressive DE IMHO, and I have had decent but not great shaves, until today. Finally
got the angle and pressure right for DSBBS. Probably the best DE shave i have had. Well worth the trial and error. Finished with all the good stuff for the start of the day

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Break in the rain finally, and another day at the shop Not much else going on so steady as she goes

Thanks for stopping by

Saturday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
2BB4D842-43B4-40CC-B84F-D78E15917BBE.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
I revisited the February Willy Challenge today, and all the years we have been doing this, the Gin Sling has been my favorite. As @Spider mentioned the ASD2 is really an autopilot shave and the feather blade last forever. I have used this multiple times, and it still has the blade from February. Another great 3 pass shave and the lemony/lime and Gin hints of the Clubman, as well as the Wonder that is Pen’s Juniper Sling. Great way to start the day

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Want to wish the TSC Family a Happy Labor Day. Thanks for being a part of the Cadre!

Sunday's Shave @Antonio SV

THE STUFF:
09.05.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Fairly quick SR shave before heading out to run errand, shop, and get ready for some events I had no idea about, this cancelling our zoom call today grrrrrr, anywat the 4.3 Felce Aromatica is just wonderful and in fragrance gives EF a run and blows it's doors off in performance. 3-passes with Leonardo and DSBBS all the way, finished up with FA Aftershave and a good Sunday to be sure

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Later in the day the Monsoon showed up with a good rain, and we even has a Tornado warning a bit south of me, as well as a Dust Storm ( Haboob.... I love that word ), So the weeds will have to wait again, picked up some things at Total Wine, picked up a few X mas gifts while I was out, grocery shopped, all the while Sharon stayed at home at took care of the pooch, and gardened. Now cigars and Whisky.

Have a Great Labor Day TSC Fam, and thanks for stopping by!

Nice Sunday shaving video too! Though that SV barely lathered, I don’t know how you put up with it… 😔
That razor makes me green with envy! Have a nice holiday!

Nice Sunday shaving video too! Though that SV barely lathered, I don’t know how you put up with it… 😔
That razor makes me green with envy! Have a nice holiday!
HA Barely Lathered, with as much as I had I am surprised you could not shave with it from there... Birthday Boy, LOL

Labor Day Shave

THE STUFF:

09.06.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
I mentioned it before, and will continue to do so, Floris misses the radar of many, but just good stuff. The Elite is more of a citrus, with a tad of nutmeg at the end, good silage and the soap is as good. 3-passes with the tradere/Wizamet and good to go for a lazy holiday.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
May take the beasty ( Kona ) out for a run in the sticks, as we have some eggs that are not quite good anymore for human consumption, as we get way more than we can eat and they go bad. So, we will take them out in the wilderness a bit to let the critters have them, and let him Run off the excessive amount of "Konaness" he has. A better name may have been Spaz, but he is still just a puppy and he is great

Thanks for stopping by, and again Happy Holiday

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
09.07.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Well..... not often due I have a questionable shave. Today was one of those, not by virtue of the razor, it was scary sharp and smooth, not by virtue of the brush, it is fantastic, and not by virtue of the Fragrance, as the Lavendary, Lemony, wonder of Arlington is great. Yep you guess it the soap!!! which is odd. As I have always been able to get a good lather from it, but today "no dice". thin, dry, foamy, and dissipating. was able to salvage a 3 pass shave, after loading the brush after each pass, and only BBS. The Boker saved the shave. Shaves like this keep you humble.... Or create a shower soap, LOL, as the Arlington Soap has been place on probation, pending a new hearing, LOL

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much going on today for my last day off before returning to the shop, a postal errand to run and maybe a quick bite to eat, laundry, some watering of plants, and that is about it

Thanks for stopping by

Back