The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
View attachment 60035

THE SHAVE:
Well..... not often due I have a questionable shave. Today was one of those, not by virtue of the razor, it was scary sharp and smooth, not by virtue of the brush, it is fantastic, and not by virtue of the Fragrance, as the Lavendary, Lemony, wonder of Arlington is great. Yep you guess it the soap!!! which is odd. As I have always been able to get a good lather from it, but today "no dice". thin, dry, foamy, and dissipating. was able to salvage a 3 pass shave, after loading the brush after each pass, and only BBS. The Boker saved the shave. Shaves like this keep you humble.... Or create a shower soap, LOL, as the Arlington Soap has been place on probation, pending a new hearing, LOL

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much going on today for my last day off before returning to the shop, a postal errand to run and maybe a quick bite to eat, laundry, some watering of plants, and that is about it

Thanks for stopping by

Sorry about the shave. That Boker is a beauty. And, at least you ended up smelling nice. Tomorrow’s shave will take care of any of today’s issues!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep you guess it the soap!!! which is odd. As I have always been able to get a good lather from it, but today "no dice". thin, dry, foamy, and dissipating. was able to salvage a 3 pass shave, after loading the brush after each pass,
Must be in cahoots with the Eucris 😂

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
View attachment 60035

THE SHAVE:
Well..... not often due I have a questionable shave. Today was one of those, not by virtue of the razor, it was scary sharp and smooth, not by virtue of the brush, it is fantastic, and not by virtue of the Fragrance, as the Lavendary, Lemony, wonder of Arlington is great. Yep you guess it the soap!!! which is odd. As I have always been able to get a good lather from it, but today "no dice". thin, dry, foamy, and dissipating. was able to salvage a 3 pass shave, after loading the brush after each pass, and only BBS. The Boker saved the shave. Shaves like this keep you humble.... Or create a shower soap, LOL, as the Arlington Soap has been place on probation, pending a new hearing, LOL

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much going on today for my last day off before returning to the shop, a postal errand to run and maybe a quick bite to eat, laundry, some watering of plants, and that is about it

Thanks for stopping by
Yes, I put my Arlington and Marlboro out to pasture some years ago… I hated to do it, as the scents are truly top knot, but the performance with suboptimal water killed the experience for me. If I you live where there is soft water or decide to keep a jug of spring water under the sink, it may be your soap. Alas, they were much like SV & MWF, I tried hard to love them, but couldn’t… 😢

I have super Hard water here and MWF and SV, and most of the time Arlington lather great, The only soap I have not been able to get a good lather is Eucris, until today. I am a firm believer that you can get any soap to make a good lather if you are willing to work at it

... I am a firm believer that you can get any soap to make a good lather if you are willing to work at it
giphy.gif

Wednesday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
5664D3BA-1FCD-40B8-8A20-CB6C43458176.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
One of my fav set ups, and really an auto-pilot shave with the Tradere and Wizamet for the “dawn patrol” shave. DSBBS and the Greenfresh and Floris is just Cucumber, lemon grass minty goodness

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Start of a new week in the shop. Everything else is steady as she goes.

Thanks for stopping by

Thursday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
2E7451AA-B2B3-4DBA-847F-FCFBA674107B.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Have not used this much yet as mostly I use in cooler weather, however we have not had much of that of late, but I took a chance today and loved it. If you like Chocolate, Baking Chocolate
Chip cookies, a smattering of Lavender, then you will love @CBLSoap.com ‘ Chocolate Greedy! This is an Orion base, and based on Montale’s EDP of the same name, and captured perfectly. Choose a synth with this soap and be ready for nirvana. Literally Chocolate Chip cookies, just crisp and out of the oven. Superb performance. Whiskers were disintegrated with the Blackbird Ti today and followed with Proraso talc and the CG aftershave. Wonderful

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Feeling stronger everyday and can start increasing appointment by October I hope. Other than that. 7 Bells and all is well (See if anyone gets the reference LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Friday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
B8C6CA5B-61A4-4738-8E8F-ED35B4B571CC.jpeg
THE SHAVE:
Tabac, Sorrentino, and a Red Tip…..
Mic drop

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Good Shave. Good Start to the Day, and flying to close to the Sun again 102 today ugh. But still vertical so it can be bad

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
09.12.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
All Purple today with the exception of a EdP split I received some time ago of Tom Ford's Extreme Lavender. I know, I know some folks can't do lavender, however it was actually the 1st barber scent used way back dating back some 5000 yrs, and they found rudimentary barber tools and vials of lavender dating back to pre-Egyptian times. Then there are those that are Lavender Frag-Heads like me....Hence the Purple theme of the day. Lavender Creeper by the Holy Black in un-obtanium and probably the finest Lavender mash up in existence. you can find on the secondary market but the prices are hefty. Today's purpleicious shave also included The Purple Neon Gold Dollar Mod, as well as the DeRuiter Synth. 3-passes and DSBBS (G+10) For you @NurseDave LOL. finished with the AS, talc, and the TF a great start to a Sunday.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Looking forward to the TSC Zoom this afternoon and the Cameraderie it brings in how we a diverse group of gents can solve the World's problems in a few hours and discuss anything and everything
@Majorrich set your alarm!!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Back