The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Wednesday’s Shave

THE STUFF:
Blackland Tradere / Wizamet
SV Artisan 2.0 in Tortoise / HMMW
SV Cubebe Shave Soap/Aftershave/EdP
Proraso Alum/talc

THE SHAVE:
Great SV shave as usual, a good way to start “my Monday” at the shop. Was able to take a little break to post here. Anyway the shave was a nice way to set tue mood of the day

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Steady as she goes, as far as rehab, we are in for a stretch of 105’s to 107’s till possibly some rain on Sunday. So back to normal “surface of the sun” weather

Thanks for stopping by

Might hit 107-108F with the humidex here as well. I'll take the dry version at that temp instead of the hot'n'sticky one.
I am part-boiling tomatoes as well (*ugh*) to peel, season and freeze. At least I am doing it inside where there is AC and a fan.

Might hit 107-108F with the humidex here as well. I'll take the dry version at that temp instead of the hot'n'sticky one.
I am part-boiling tomatoes as well (*ugh*) to peel, season and freeze. At least I am doing it inside where there is AC and a fan.
I agree i will take the dry heat LOL

26 August 2021
Thursday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Gillette Superspeed Red Tip / Wizamet
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
Proraso White Shave Cream
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber / Proraso Talc
Proraso Green Aftershave
Floris Elite EdP

THE SHAVE:
Quick 2-passer at o-dark-thirty before heading in to a busy day at the shop and what later turned out to be a REAL BAD ANGRY SOLEMN Day.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Well.... As you can imagine the talk of the day at the shop. Being the exclusive Barbershop at SaddleBrooke Ranch, and as such a mostly Active Adult Ranch with some 1500 home and villas, I am fortunate to have as clients from Korea, Vietnam, WWII, and even one from WWI. Not to mention from more recent campaigns such as Iraq, Afganistan, and of course the hell that I lived through in Bosnia / Kosovo, and Libya. Not to mention those campaigns the general public never knew about.

Being one of the owners here I will not get into a protracted narrative,nor make it political but I will say my peace. What occurred today was a travesty and today there are many, and I mean MANY of the Ranch Veterans from 2 -yr corporals that stormed Omaha, to upper ranking officers including a 4-star Marine General that flew anything and everything, and all in-between from all branches that are a little less proud based on the event that unfolded today.. We are all angry. When we signed on the dotted line, we were and ARE willing to give anything up to and including the ultimate price to protect freedoms of our fellow man. However, it is an honor to do so in conflict, while protecting, or saving, or even losing those that we are bound to fight for during the right time, not at an airbase waiting for a flight and taken in such a cowardly disgusting manner. These Heros, much like Bengazi gave the ultimate sacrifice for NO REASON, not to mention all the others injured. I said it before and I will say it again. Those of us that have served, those that are serving, no matter the branch, and including the Afgans, lost Brothers today and we pray for them.

Unfortunately my niece and her husband are in town from Vegas, and we were scheduled to have dinner tonight. Out of respect, and the fact I had not seen them in awhile I went, picked at my food, and really was only half there. I apologized in not being more jovial, and bless their hearts they understood and redirected the conversation as best they could. I caught myself staring off into space, my thoughts with my fallen Brethren. We had a good time although nothing tasted good, and I could not even finish a dram, as my stomach was so upset.

I have rambled and will finish with, Like the Fall of Saigon, 9/11, Bengazi, and today WE WILL NEVER FORGET
Godspeed my Brothers in Arms...You are now Home in the arms of your Lord. Thank you for your Service and!

Thanks for stopping by.

Well put thoughts about yesterday’s events. I feel exactly the same. So many mistakes and poor decisions. Resulting in needless loss of life. The images coming out of Afghanistan. Had the same effect on me. If you have ever served. You can intimately relate to what those guys are dealing with right now.
The weight of the gear. The smell of explosives. The lack of sleep. The empty bunks.
Different places and times for each of us. But so many similarities. Every generation thinking. “I’m doing this now. So my kids and grandkids don’t have to.”

8/27-28/2021 ( Catching up )
Friday and Saturday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Gillette Fatboy / Wizamet
Hombres Barbershop Butterscotch Barber Handle / Amack Black Synth
Proraso White Shave Cream
Proraso Green Aftershave
Floris Elite EdP

THE SHAVES:
Other than the razor and brush, I used the same stuff for three days straight. I do not think that has ever happened to me. With the recent events, plus the hurricanes, plus my upcoming medical testing, being tired as I get my "Barber Legs" back and so forth I think I am just really distracted I guess, but all good shaves BBS or better.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Monsoon 2021 is back with a vengence. Had plants knocked over patio lights down, and such.... Typical. Good news is the doggo does not seem to be too concerned with the boomers, as much as he is with us leaving for a few hours. The cats keep him company, but really just don't care, LOL. So he found a bag of Spinach and Kale Chips, of which he ate and proceeded to destroy the bag. Then a pack of Kleenex he decided to make "snow" out of LOL. Good news is no bodily accidents and no cats freaked out, so a good night

thanks for stopping by

29 August 2021
Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Blackland Vector / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino Corleone / Black synth
La Toja Shave Stick
La Toja Aftershave
Floris Elite EdP

THE SHAVE:
I always forget the ease and convenience of shave sticks.... so much so that I will be making yet another video on them tomorrow. Today was La Toja as I was going to take a Tucson based distillery tour and it was basically a spanish theme. Good 3-passes and DSBBS

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Steady as she goes, but a fund time today at Whiskey Del Bac Distillery with @uacowboy . See the Speakeasy thread for more

Thanks for stopping by

30 August 2021
Monday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Blackland Vector / New Pro-Guard Blade
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
Speick Shave Stick
Proraso Alum, Thayers Cucumber, Borotalco Talc
Speick Aftershave
Speick EdT

THE SHAVE:
Good shave today 3 passes DSBBS

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Heard from an old squadron mate of mine, whom I have known my whole life from Kindergarten on, that lives in Covington LA, and they made it through IDA, lots of debris, and, instead of hunkering down and waiting, he is out on his boat looking for and helping those he can. You can take the job of being a PJ away through retirement, however you can NEVER take the PJ out of the Man. "THESE THINGS WE DO SO OTHERS MAY LIVE"

Thanks for stopping by

31 August 2021
No Shave today

giphy.gif

Back