The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

20 calls?! Holy smokes! Did you even make it out of the shop or are you still resting for the trip out to the car? Do we need to call for a walker and Lyft? 😂
LOL ya I was there at 0700 this morning and just got home... A bunch of Buzz Cuts increased the numbers today, and It was STOOPID of me!
Thanks Chris

20 August 2021
Friday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Blackland Tradere / Wizamet
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
Seaforth Heather Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber /English Fern Talc
English Fern EdT

THE SHAVE:
Most Excellent.....With the above how could it be bad? LOL DSBBS

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Busy day at the shop, feeling stronger everyday, still really tired at the end of the day, but so far so good

Thanks for stopping by

Saturday's Shave

THE STUFF"
King Gillette DE / King Gillette Blade
CBL Soaps Butterscotch / AMACK Synth
Asylum Royal Fougere Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber
Asylum Royal Fougere Aftershave Splash
Penhaligon's English Fern Talc
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

THE SHAVE:
Nice and easy 3-passer today using the Royal Fougere, not quite as soft and creamy as the English Fern, but just as intoxicating with a bit more of a sharp note. BBS, and did not chase the Dolphin today as the King Gillette is so mild. Pen's to finish everything today for a nice quiet day at the Barbershop

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Only scheduled 5 services today ( which ended up to be 7 ), but got to see Kyle (@uacowboy) and little Johnny and get rid of three months of hair and have a nice visit, a perfect end to the week without killing myself. Let the 3-days off begin, and looking forward to the TSC Zoom call. Looks like we have a great crowd!

Thanks for stopping by

Now that’s a nice easy day that says “I’m not gonna overdo it” 😜

Hope Kyle and family are well!

Sunday's Shave

THE STUFF:

08.22.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:

Nice Straight razor shave with the Viking today. Just refreshed on the Trans Ark and was lethal sharp and smooth. The Desert Vetiver is such a nice soap. Sharp Spicy, yet smooth. wonderful stuff. 3-passes and DSBBS. Some alum, thayers, talc and aftershave is all that was needed today. Video avail. Shortly, as @novicewetshaver asked for a lather video. Will be on the site soon

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Aye Yi Yi, sore today, but just a lazy day of doing nothing around the Ranchito. Listen to a bit of Air traffic, and get ready for what hopes to be a nice TSC Member Zoom call today

Thanks for Stopping By, and I hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday

Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:
08.24.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Nice shave today with the Wosty 8/8 cleaver, and all the other British and Italian Characters hanging around, 3-passes and finished up with the MK Tribute Cologne, a good start to the day

OTHER RAMBLINGS
Not much going on today, as we, again, are in the throws of triple digit heat, 103-104 today, but with humidity ugh! looks like a day to hide in the house, LOL, but alas my last day off so more errand to get done. and traversing the surface of the sun again hehe

Thanks for stopping by.

it is such a fun razor to use, just let it fall LOL, do need a bit of umph to get it up the ridge, LOL

Thanks Chris

Back