The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Glad things are starting to get back to normal for you, BabbaDabbid, but you know, ....

you have to be able to touch your toes before you can feel your feet. :ROFLMAO:
giphy.gif

13 August 2021
Friday's Shave

THE STUFF:
Gillette Red Tip / Wizamet
Sorrentino TSC Annv, / 2-band Silvertip
Seaforth Heather Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayer's Cucumber
Seaforth Heather Aftershave
Penhaligon's English Fern Talc
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

THE SHAVE:
A favorite combo of a smooth creamy Fougere, matched with what may be the absolute best fragrance ever created (Trumpets sound and Angels Sing) PENNHALIGON'S ENGLISH FERN... Just perfection in a fragrance. 3-passes, DSBBS and all the goodness that goes with a Shave Match made in Heaven

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Aother good day in the shop, legs are rubbery, but feeling good. Battening down hatches tonight as we are expecting another 4-5 inches of rain through Monday, which would put us here at the ranch at over 14 to 15 inches of rain since June. Normally wet get 12-13 inches in a whole year. We certainly need the rain, but all I see is fuel for next years fire season.

Thanks for stopping by

Monday's Shave

THE STUFF

08.16.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Barbershop goodness all around

OTHER RAMBLING:
pretty quiet around the ranch, expecting more Thunder Boomers today, Bank errands, Prescription runs, all in all a lazy day off, Bourbon and Cigars later

Thanks for stopping by

08/17.20121
Tuesday's Shave

THE STUFF:

08.17.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
A quick 2-pass shave today and with the Pineapple essence of everything it was marvelous and the MK*32 did not kill me today

OTHER RAMBLINGS:

Another tremendous overnight rains we are now at almost 16 inches of rain at the Ranchito, and I think there is a new species of Monkey no living in the weeds. Frustrating as there is nothing that can be done till the rains stop oh well nothing like the property looking like Costa Rica for a bit LOL. Part of the County and city are under Flood warnings, and most of us are on Flood and Severe Thunderstorm Watches till late tomorrow when we should get a break from the rain. Temps have been wonderful though high 70's to 80's for August..... I will take that.

Thanks for stopping by

18 August 2021
19 August 2021

THE STUFFS:
Various Items of the soap, brush, Razor and Aftershave types

THE SHAVES:
Good and Tidy BBS to DSBBS

OTHER RAMBLING:

Week 2 in the shop and I bit off a bit more than I could chew today. shhhhhh dont tell Sharon but I did 20 services today and a couple of shaves, and now I am not sure if I have a back or legs anymore. OOPS, even too tired to drink or smoke a cigar......... Now thats tired, LOL I guess I should maybe take my rehab a little slower LOL

Thanks for stopping by

20 calls?! Holy smokes! Did you even make it out of the shop or are you still resting for the trip out to the car? Do we need to call for a walker and Lyft? 😂

Back