The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Fatboy for the win.
Echo the thoughts on Victory Soaps. His stuff will be missed.
Have a good weekend Dave
Thanks Fluffy you as well sir
Sounds like a solid little getaway in nature! Enjoy!
It is so nice up here 35 degrees cooler
How big of a rock is @AvocadoQueen going to make you bring home is the real question.
Oh God! You know her too well. It has already started. Thank God my back is bad or it would be nuts. She already has a bag of small rocks(well small for her) LOL

07 August 2021
Saturday's Shave

The Stuff:
EP3WzcMl.jpg

The Shave:
3 passes DSBBS all good

Other Ramblings:
Hope everyone has a Nice Saturday

Thanks for stopping by

Monday's shave

THE STUFF:
JdV1nfhl.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Had not shaved with the Chevalier in a while, so it was a nice reunion. Mitchell's performed very well, Still can't figure out why folks cannot get this to lather, as I think it is so nice to use. Everything worked in concert today for a nice shave. Finished off with the AV sport and Scuderia.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Apparently, we had quite the Thunderstorms very early ( around 0330 ) this morning according to @AvocadoQueen . No idea and I did not realize how strong till i checked the security camera footage this morning, WOW. Good New was that the Pooch did not get overly concerned and was fine. The Cats, of course, according to Sharon were just pissed they could not just turn off a switch, as it was distracting their discussions and implementation for World Domination. Anyway, today will be some leash training for Kona, and just cleaning up after the storm

Thanks for stopping by...

10 August 2021

No shave, was too lazy

11 August 2021

The Stuff:
Blackland Tradere /Wizamet
Sorrentino Coreleone / Synth
Boellis Panama Shave Soap
Proraso Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Boellis Daytona Aftershave
Boellis Daytona EdT

The Shave:

Good shave at 0530 hrs, 3 passes DSBBS and off to the shop.

Other Ramblings:

1st day back in the barbershop since May 25th. I realized this is going to be a LONG rehab. I purposely limited, and will limit the number of clients for the next month, but even at that 12 appointments today, a couple of full shave services, and I was beat to HE double hockey stick. Leg are like rubber, and can barely walk.... hopefully this will improve, and the tests in September will help alleviate this. Clients greeted me well, and I was glad to see them as well. This is going to be a long hard week.

Thanks for stopping by

12 customers must still be quite a full day! That’s gotta be at least 6 hours on your feet? Don’t over do it Dave!

12 customers must still be quite a full day! That’s gotta be at least 6 hours on your feet? Don’t over do it Dave!
Actually from 0700 to 1600, and that is exactly what Sharon said, LOL, Thanks Chris and Happy Belated Anniversary! So glad you are having a blast

Glad you’re back in the shop and I hope the recovery goes more quickly - I’m impressed with the full day! But take care of yourself! We need you around!

12 August 2021
Thursday's Shave ..... At least I think that's what day it is

The Stuff:
Gillette Red-Tip / Wizamet
Sorrentino BrushWorks Corelone / Synth
Seaforth Spiced shave soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber / Borotalco Talc
Seaforth Spiced Aftershave
Duke Cannon Randolph EdP

The Shave:
Another zero dark thirty shave today. 3 nice passes, and I will have to agree once the Wizamets settle in they are very hard to beat. DSBBS and the spiced and Randolph paired well.

Other Ramblings:
Day two back in the shop and still taking it a bit slow only had 14 appts today, but many of those were "buzz cuts" so not too bad. Legs felt much better today, although I cannot feel my feet. Steady progress. Although I referred clients to a barber colleague of mine, many opted to just wait it out since May 25th.... Which was a great compliments to my services, and also means I may have to have my shears sharpened a bit sooner that expected.. So glad to be back in the shop. Also nice to be doing straight shaves again in the chair. Someone had asked me what is entailed with my shop shaves

BarberDave's Barbershop Shave
Wash face and beard with Nivea facial soap
Apply Proraso Pre Shave or Trufitt & Hill Shave Oil
Hot Towel
1st lather and pass ( either with Shop Lather King soap or Hombres / SV / CBL / or Proraso
Hot Towel
2nd lather and pass
Hot Towel
3rd lather pass and cleanup
Hot Towel
3-pass Facial Massage with Cucumber, Rose, or Almond face cream
Hot Towel ( longer application)
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Cold Towel
Aftershave ( Barber's option unless specific requested )
Talc
EDT/EDP if requested.
Finish with Hair cut /Neck shave, and/or comb with Roffler Hair Normalizer, and either gel or hairspray

Thanks for stopping by

Last edited:
Back