The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

$300 ($400 CDN) for a shave soap and AS? Gadzooks man!
But hey, the fun thing about having some "play" money is that you get to use it for fun things to play with. 💃🕺💃

Two thoughts
1) It would be a shame for a gram of that to go unused before you die. You owe it to yourself to 3017 that one.

2) Thanks to @Majorrich all I can think of now is a group of old guys in a back room, rubbing their noses all day to get the raw ingredients for that.

$300 ($400 CDN) for a shave soap and AS? Gadzooks man!
But hey, the fun thing about having some "play" money is that you get to use it for fun things to play with. 💃🕺💃
I use the Insurance money for this stuff, all the sweat, heartache and ulcers from 20 yrs of that, but you only are on this rock once, and I have been blessed to be able to do Stupid things like this, and have a spouse who supports my insanity

That’s why you keep working after you retire ;)
indeed and to keep the gray matter from turing to mush
Two thoughts
1) It would be a shame for a gram of that to go unused before you die. You owe it to yourself to 3017 that one.

2) Thanks to @Majorrich all I can think of now is a group of old guys in a back room, rubbing their noses all day to get the raw ingredients for that.
ROFL

Capitalism at its finest. That dude must be chuckling to himself every time he checks his bank account balance. 🤣
Well, To each their own, in the same way Creed laughs when we buy their stuff, or a fountain pen manufacturer who charges a huge amount for something that costs .50 cents to make it. Or a $200 bottle of whiskey. It is all about personal perception. I felt it was worth it now, after using it, as do many as it is never in stock, so I guess we are all contributing to a US, Boston based Artisan, LOL.. One man's F-16 is another's 737. I know what it costs to source the best and purest ingredients and it is not cheap, It is indeed funny how one's own perception of what is "worth it" is so varied. My belief is nothing is crazy priced if in the eye of the buyer it is worth it. Problem today is everyone "judges" based on their own personal perception instead of saying "Hey Cool, Glad you like it" good for you. So far it is the finest stuff I have ever used. I appreciate your comment

Yikes, that price is crazy! Enjoy your shaves, Dave!
Crazy yes, but so far it may be the best I have ever used by far

I think I hit my head when I fell over. $300?! I’m out. But it sounds nice.
It is very nice Thanks, but based on cost per ounce and usage it is in line or actually cheaper by volume than most IMHO

Date: 08.09.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1769
Razor: Koraat Ice Dragon 6/8
Brush: Koraat Ice Dragon / HMMW
Shave Soap: Sē'bŭm Aqua
Aftershave: Sē'bŭm Aqua Post Shave Serum
Talc: Proraso Rosemary & Mint
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Blasted Heath

Video Journal today..... for those Curious it is definitely on it's way to be the Titan of my den... Yes it is that good. Going to use it for a week straight to see if the claims of better overall facial health and finish are true, but so far after two uses, a noted, pretty dramatic difference in facial health has been noticed.

Set-Up:

04sCctQ.jpg

Video:

thanks for following along

Happiness is priceless but "good taste" isn't. Enjoy Dave because you can... :sneaky:
Thanks Ed, Yep no point in spendng years working if you cannot enjoy the fruits of that labor..... Glad someone "Gets it" Thanks

Crazy yes, but so far it may be the best I have ever used by far
Actually, my new coffee roaster cost more, and I'll never break even, since green beans are only marginally cheaper than roasted. I don't dare even buy a puck of Williams since the roaster arrived! Add to that the spectacular success of my inaugural day of roasting... 😉

Last edited:
Actually, my new coffee roaster cost more, and I'll never break even, since green beans are only marginally cheaper than roasted. I don't dare even buy a puck of Williams since the roaster arrived! Add to that the spectacular success of my inaugural day of roasting... 😉

Awesome!!
Sebum put to the ultimate test! Nice!
Indeed
Great video Dave! Thank you for the review....
Thanks Ed

Back