The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Great setup Dave. I had an Ator. Very nice razor. Took a great edge. But stropping it felt very awkward to me. That made me not use it much. Gifted it away to a friend as part of a graduation present. When he graduated his police academy. How your day goes well. Fluffy

You guys are missing the one important point Dave omitted.... the fire department was not a retirement,,It was a Disability issue.... Helloooooo ? LOL

Date: 08.02.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1767
Razor: Geo. Wostenholm 8/8 FBU
Brush: Paladion Chief / Sabini Blonde Badger
Shave Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Aftershave: DRH Arlington
Talc: Mennen Shave Talc
Fragrance: DRH Arlington EdC

Video Journal Entry today

Set-up:

\
9jqsfDR.jpg

Vlog:

Date: 08.03.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1767 ( Holding ) DE Shave Today
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat British #15 / Voskhod (5)
Brush: Semogue 620 / 2-band Boar
Shave Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Speick Aftershave Lotion
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Royall Musk EdC

Video Journal Again today

Set-Up:

PclL4Fz.jpg
Vlog:

Date: 08.04.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768
Razor: SV / Koraat Leonardo Da Vinci 6/8 FBH
Brush: SV Artisan 2.0 / HMMW
Shave Soap: SV 70th
Aftershave: SV 70th
Fragrance: Nil

Last day of Video journal for the week.

Set-up:

oO3Y5wX.jpg

Video:

Date: 08.05.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768 (on hold) DE Shave Today
Razor: Gillette Fatboy E1 / Feather Hi Stainless (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Williams
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Grey Flannel EdT

Old School Shave today with Vintage products. Like MWF Williams if worked right is by far one of the slickest best feeling, both in shave, and post shave that has ever been made when right it is a joy to use and when matched with a plethora of Vintage stuff it makes it even better.... Yes I said Plethora

anyway a great 3-pass BBS shave today.

Set-up:

iU2IpsN.jpg

Date: 08.06.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768 (on hold) DE Shave Today
Razor: Feather ASD2 / Voskhod (6)
Brush: @Graydog Tucson / Maggard SHD Badger
Shave Soap: SV Opuntia
Aftershave: SV Opuntia
Fragrance: Cremo Blue Cedar & Cypress EdT

Although the shave yesterday was Great, the remainder of the day was trying to say the least ( See TSC Brush Thread ). So today I needed a no brainer, zombie shave and these products delivered. The razor was on auto-pilot, the soap great as always and the Brush is finally releasing lather the way it should so all in all a good 3 pass DSBBS shave. Cremo should really call this fragrance an EdP as it is room clearing if not used sparingly.

Set-up:

OidtQhn.jpg

Date: 08.05.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768 (on hold) DE Shave Today
Razor: Gillette Fatboy E1 / Feather Hi Stainless (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Williams
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Grey Flannel EdT

Old School Shave today with Vintage products. Like MWF Williams if worked right is by far one of the slickest best feeling, both in shave, and post shave that has ever been made when right it is a joy to use and when matched with a plethora of Vintage stuff it makes it even better.... Yes I said Plethora

anyway a great 3-pass BBS shave today.

Set-up:

iU2IpsN.jpg
"Hefe, what is a plethora?" - El Guapo, "The Three Amigos" One of my all-time favorite movies!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Date: 08.07.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768 (on hold) DE Shave Today
Razor: Feather ASD2 / Voskhod (7)
Brush: @Graydog Keyhole / Synthetic
Shave Soap: SV Dolomiti
Aftershave: SV Dolomiti
Talc: Proraso Rosemary Mint
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Bayolea EdT

Another Great SV Shave with a bit if British Barbershop Flair to add to the Northern Italian goodness. The Voshkod still going strong but getting close to the bin and the Dolomiti is always a great Experience. 3 passes and a good shave.

Set-up:

Jb1JvBx.jpg

Date: 08.08.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1768 (on hold) SE Shave Today
Razor: BlackLand Vecto / Feather Pro-Guard (?)
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks GID Barzini / Cashmere Synthetic
Shave Soap: Sē'bŭm Aqua
Aftershave: Sē'bŭm Aqua Post Shave Serum
Talc: Proraso Rosemary & Mint
Fragrance: Bvlgari Aqva

I had been talking myself out of this product for a long time..... However a good deal ( relatively and subjective of course ) and this manufacturer is now going bespoke with this line, with much longer lead times, and super exclusive pricing ( from $300-$700 ) with a 45-day lead time, so when a release happens at much lower pricing it was time to pounce. As many of you know I am skeptical on "Claims" of manufacturers these days, however after speaking to the owner and his "all natural product" it intrigued me enough to buy. Needless to say this is by far the most expensive Soap/Aftershave Set I have purchased, with is tilting the scale some $20.00 higher than my previous watermark of the Acqua Di Parma. Why in my life does all the "expensive stuff have the name "Aqua" in them?!! :p Anyway it brought the purchase just shy of Three-Hundred Simoleons. FOR A SOAP AND AFTERSHAVE?!!!!, Yes........

The worth question is always perception and to the "Eye of the Beholder" In my case it is more of a challenge to see if the makers "claims" are what they say they are. In the case of Kaizen, although a fantastic product, not quite up to the hype, even though it is indeed in the top 5. In the Case of Sē'bŭm I also took it on the review of my "Honing Mentor" Alfredo @Doc226 . A man I trust implicitly. I plan on doing a video review soon so I wont bore the details here, but I will say the claims of the manufacturer, as well as the reviews are DEAD ON! Was it worth the cost? YES to me it was.

Granted, it has only been one use, and again, according to the manufacturer it gets better with consistent usage, so I will reserve partial judgement. Of course the real test is with a straight, but based on 1st usage it very well may be the slickest, wettest soap I have ever used and the post shave serum Could also be the best as well. Take the Nivea 2 in one, Omega Aquae, SV, and Ethos put them all together and Sē'bŭm just states "Hold my Drink. Yes IMHO after 1st use it is that good with one one drop. Some 17-hours later my face still feels amazing.

So... 3- passes today DSBBS and amazing post shave.

Set-up:

QeKjxO5.jpg

Back