The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Balancing on the Razor's Edge of (In)Sanity

Moved 3 razors in about 10 days and more than made up for the cost of the Ti Henson.
Nice!

OK, serious question though...how the heck do they recommend you clean the lather channels? That much build up would bug my OCD after a while. šŸ˜µ

Nice!

OK, serious question though...how the heck do they recommend you clean the lather channels? That much build up would bug my OCD after a while. šŸ˜µ
On the Henson??? Well, irrelevant for me, I do a mild vinegar, hot water, baking soda rinse/scrub weekly with q-tips and cotton pads that girls rub on their faces, on all my razors that I use šŸ¤“

actually the Henson cleans better than most razors šŸ‘ except with proraso.... proraso is like spackle on ALL razors šŸ˜©

3CCC307C-4806-44C5-A94A-5CDB5046F828.jpeg
ā€œToo strongā€ - the dreaded words from the wife. šŸ˜” at least her sniffer changes like the weather, so I should be good next šŸ„³

dear weekend, where are you? Letā€™s just by pass Friday, ok? Take care Cadre šŸ˜Ž

Will do! Itā€™s coming up in a couple hours with dinner. Last weekā€™s was kinda throw away as far as storyline...had some good moments though...and that mischievous Child...lol šŸ˜‚
Yea, agreed. Last week was kind of a waste of time, like a pointless side quest in any random JRPG...
Iā€™m surprised (yet not really) with all the egg eating backlash in the media, that I try to stay out of.... they were unfertilized eggs! Like most people in our real world eat! šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
1605317266155.gif

6C2BF7BE-87BA-46AE-8C7D-51258450D5CB.jpeg031FF0C3-5E5E-48EC-AD38-07C9E87700FC.jpeg
Thursday and Friday shaves ...good shaves and smelled fantastic!
@MarkB Iā€™m guessing this is up your alley so....new AC/DC album out yesterday! Good, grooving, classic AC/DC sound. Brian Johnson sounds great! Angusā€™ solos are top notch as usual! Cliff and Phil on the rhythm holding tight per usual. And last but not least, Stevie Young filling in for the late, great Malcolm, solid and subdued, but you know heā€™s holding it down lock jaw tight, just like Malcolm. šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜

@GearNoir
Hey! Let me know what you think of the new episode of the Mando after you watch him it - I though it was:

View attachment 40196
Ok...just watched the newest (3rd) episode of the season. Much better! Like that Mando is back on track...intrigue with the Moff, mission to retake Mandalorian, and now the ā€œDark Sabreā€ is great. I think the most disappointing thing after that is simply the story detail and episode length. With the recap included, the story portion was almost 30 minutes on the dot...wth is that?! Lol. With all the Star Wars universe content to draw upon, Iā€™d expect at least 45 minutes to an hour.

Regardless...back on track and Iā€™m happy about that.

Ok...just watched the newest (3rd) episode of the season. Much better! Like that Mando is back on track...intrigue with the Moff, mission to retake Mandalorian, and now the ā€œDark Sabreā€ is great. I think the most disappointing thing after that is simply the story detail and episode length. With the recap included, the story portion was almost 30 minutes on the dot...wth is that?! Lol. With all the Star Wars universe content to draw upon, Iā€™d expect at least 45 minutes to an hour.

Regardless...back on track and Iā€™m happy about that.
I agree. Lots for the fans, especially fans of the clone wars toon Iā€™m told. Definitely too short, but glad to see some forward progress. I also liked that little Mandalorian lore/culture twist that we discover about our good olā€™ pal MandošŸ¤­

the guy who cleans my pharmacy during the week is a HUGE Star Wars fan, so I get a lot of insight from him. Canā€™t wait to learn what I missed šŸ¤”

B89D305D-2F54-4165-9E60-053CB166A97A.jpeg
felt ā€œregalā€ after resuming the Crown on Netflix yesterday (S1E5 I think Iā€™m on? Yea way behind, per usual). All Brit shave except for the Henson, but itā€™ Canadian, so kind of counts?! šŸ§that Mr.Taylor is a top 5 scent for me.... do yourself a favor and sample the AS at least, itā€™s that good (top tier fougere IMO šŸ‘)

promise I shaved the past few days, just missed taking pics and posting.

The missus and I have watched the first three seasons of The Crown but not yet dived into this newest one...soon. Fascinating and super well done series. Claire Foy did an outstanding job the first two seasons. The focus on Prince Philip the 3rd season was great...a lot of pulling moments with his development that season.

The missus and I have watched the first three seasons of The Crown but not yet dived into this newest one...soon. Fascinating and super well done series. Claire Foy did an outstanding job the first two seasons. The focus on Prince Philip the 3rd season was great...a lot of pulling moments with his development that season.
I thinks itā€™s a ā€œbloodyā€ good show as well šŸ‘ if Iā€™m not mistaken, one of the most, if not, the most expensive show to film that Netflix has put out. Yea sheā€™s great as the Queen.... Iā€™m far from fancy pants, but after watching ALL of Downton Abbey with the wife, thereā€™s just something mesmerizing about all that old, aristocratic way of life. Not for me ever, but ever so intriguing šŸ¤”

27CDF211-5A17-49A4-A259-05B4FDCCFB83.jpegSt.James of London is another product that seems to fly under most radars. It is a British cream, but differs greatly from the usual suspects (TOBS, Trumpers, T&H, etc) in that itā€™s consistency is much much softer. This is my 2nd jar of this scent. They have some interesting scent combos and perform pretty darn good.
My state is starting a 3 week shutdown/restrictions today. We had our last karate class for the little guy last night... online classes will be interesting since my wife and I have eluded the whole ā€œzoomā€ meeting culture thus far through the pandemic. Guess I have to learn how to use it? šŸ§
Take care and stay safe.

Back