The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Balancing on the Razor's Edge of (In)Sanity

Took a nice, long hiatus - being social is hard on my brain 🤷‍♂️
Anyway, had a merry Christmas! Great gifts from my Rudolph buddy @bobmsp ... like best gifts ever from a “friend”. Greatly, dearly appreciated.
wife and kids got me a Nintendo Switch and 3 games (Mario kart 8 deluxe, Sonic racing, and Luigis Mansion 3 [which is crazy fun!]) bought myself a few sale games, Collection of Mana (uh I played through Secret of Mana at least 30 times since it came out in ‘93, and super excited for its long awaited sequel, Trials of Mana, which never saw an English released until recently) and Octopath Traveler, looks to be a high quality Square JRPG title for the Switch - both HALF OFF. I may have motivation to stay up past 09:30 nowadays..... this post should only attract the other fellow gamer I know here @GearNoir 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Fun stuff man! I resisted the urge to ask for any games this year, since I’m still knee deep in Fortnite and Call of Duty Warzone, lol.

The Switch is a great little portable machine! Should provide plenty of fun for you and the family! Did you get the regular you can hook up to the TV or the Lite?

Fun stuff man! I resisted the urge to ask for any games this year, since I’m still knee deep in Fortnite and Call of Duty Warzone, lol.

The Switch is a great little portable machine! Should provide plenty of fun for you and the family! Did you get the regular you can hook up to the TV or the Lite?
Regular ☺️☺️☺️
See, I was knee deep in gaming back in the turn based RPGs, so call of duty and fortnite hurtz my brainz 😵

I told my wife “it’s best gaming system ever!” .... doesn’t mean much from me 😜

Good stuff! My first RPG love was FFVII...that got me stuck in RPG video game mode for decades!

I can still remember the day I went to get FF7, a PS, and a memory card.... I “thought” life would be complete that day, really!
Final Fantasy I was my first RPG, but FF II was my first RPG love affair. I don't really play much anymore, but those first few FF titles still rock!

f
Final Fantasy I was my first RPG, but FF II was my first RPG love affair. I don't really play much anymore, but those first few FF titles still rock!
I’m guessing FF2 for SNES? That’s a solid game for sure! Lots of detail and many hours to get through! I always wanted to be Kane the Dragoon... and who wouldn’t want Rosa the white mage?! ☺FF3 in American (or FF6 in Japan) is my all time favorite. Actually saved up and sent the order form out in the mail for the strategy guide through Nintendo Power mag way back in the day 👍man, I’m old.... and lame 🤷‍♂️

f

I’m guessing FF2 for SNES? That’s a solid game for sure! Lots of detail and many hours to get through! I always wanted to be Kane the Dragoon... and who wouldn’t want Rosa the white mage?! ☺FF3 in American (or FF6 in Japan) is my all time favorite. Actually saved up and sent the order form out in the mail for the strategy guide through Nintendo Power mag way back in the day 👍man, I’m old.... and lame 🤷‍♂️
Yup FFII on SNES. I loved III as well and I also had the strategy guide...and a subscription to Nintendo Power haha

Did you folks know "Intellivision" (the height of my gaming addiction as I'm old, LOL!) is coming back out? If not, go check it out on "Utube." I think a company called "Amico" bought the rights from Mattel.
My dad had an Atari before I was born... I remember playing some game called “demons to diamonds” when I was 3-4, right before I got a Nintendo and life changed forever 👍

Now you're just making me feel old...
Ha sorry.... I felt old for the fact that I’ve played a good condition Atari ..... I certainly can’t keep up with these teens and 20 year olds in the gaming world .... too fast paced and chaotic for me! I like to relax when playing video games 🤤

Took some time off... much needed... psyched myself out too much ... anyway, been doing a 4 brush / 4 soap/ 4 aftershave thing for the entire month. Worked out well. Swapped out my Karve B plate with @Shavin’ Yeti for his A plate and I think we both got the better end of the trade from what I hear 👍also picked up a bass guitar... played 6 string guitar for 25+ years but have gotten bored never really playing with any bands and not having time last few years with a family 🤷‍♂️Tried mandolin last year, but yea, mando doesn’t SLAM like a bass! @MarkB this is for you... yea, it’s “cheap” but I’m a Gibson, PRS guy guitar wise so I get it.... but just starting out, not a bad choice. 3 band active EQ, push/pull, looks awesome.... I’m happy so that’s what matters 🤘the amp I want is on back order for a few months so playing through a guitar amp #notsofun 🤷‍♂️
F189ADD0-C3C3-4A08-ACC0-2966540C0188.jpeg

Took some time off... much needed... psyched myself out too much ... anyway, been doing a 4 brush / 4 soap/ 4 aftershave thing for the entire month. Worked out well. Swapped out my Karve B plate with @Shavin’ Yeti for his A plate and I think we both got the better end of the trade from what I hear 👍also picked up a bass guitar... played 6 string guitar for 25+ years but have gotten bored never really playing with any bands and not having time last few years with a family 🤷‍♂️Tried mandolin last year, but yea, mando doesn’t SLAM like a bass! @MarkB this is for you... yea, it’s “cheap” but I’m a Gibson, PRS guy guitar wise so I get it.... but just starting out, not a bad choice. 3 band active EQ, push/pull, looks awesome.... I’m happy so that’s what matters 🤘the amp I want is on back order for a few months so playing through a guitar amp #notsofun 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 46414
Love it!!! That color is great!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Love it!!! That color is great!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩
Thanks.... I ordered from Sweetwater, which has had fantastic customer service and shipping.... was able to look at several basses and select the color / weight I wanted. Went with the “best” burst color and the heaviest, just clocking in under 9 lbs. it’s a beast 👍👍👍

By the way, learning some of of my favorite bands on bass now.... Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Motörhead, and.... the Cure?! Yea, the 80’s had great bass lines!

Back