The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Glad the appointment went well Bruce! Hopefully you didnā€™t end up needing too many any pain meds...they make one do funny things! šŸ˜‚
50094E96-6CF5-4FCC-A575-133581967158.gif

• Stirling Hipster soap (36)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Agua de Limon splash
To my surprise, the soap has outlasted the splash, so I broke out my next splash, which will pair perfectly with my next soap.

Blackland has announced an OC version of Vector. The OC portion will be available to be purchased separately. (y)

Blackland has announced an OC version of Vector. The OC portion will be available to be purchased separately. (y)
Interesting...but ultimately not tempting for me I think. I donā€™t think my face could handle an OC version! I think the SB version is just the right amount of efficiency and blade feel without being uncomfortable.

Interesting...but ultimately not tempting for me I think. I donā€™t think my face could handle an OC version! I think the SB version is just the right amount of efficiency and blade feel without being uncomfortable.
For me it may depend upon the price point. I agree, the Vector is plenty close. It's given me my best shaves ever as is. I'm on the fence with this one.

I imagine that Myrsol to go quite well with the Hipster! Nice choice Bruce!
Myrsol Lemon was recommended by our resident AS expert @Spider . All lemon scents are fleeting, unfortunately, with Myrsol giving me about 45 minutes or so of pleasant aroma. As KJ suggested, it does remind me of lemon candy lollipops. The skin care properties of Myrsol are excellent: I will be going back to Myrsol in the future. I'm very picky about soaps and splashes, and Myrsol easily makes the cut. Thanks, KJ!

Myrsol Lemon was recommended by our resident AS expert @Spider . All lemon scents are fleeting, unfortunately, with Myrsol giving me about 45 minutes or so of pleasant aroma. As KJ suggested, it does remind me of lemon candy lollipops. The skin care properties of Myrsol are excellent: I will be going back to Myrsol in the future. I'm very picky about soaps and splashes, and Myrsol easily makes the cut. Thanks, KJ!
I've never used Myrsol Lemon. If I recommended it, it was only because I knew they had a lemon scent.

I've never used Myrsol Lemon. If I recommended it, it was only because I knew they had a lemon scent.
Yeah, I started a thread seeking advice on lemon splashes, and you responded. Have you used Myrsol? What do you think of its skin care?

Yeah, I started a thread seeking advice on lemon splashes, and you responded. Have you used Myrsol? What do you think of its skin care?
The emulsion is amazing. But unlike any of the others. I also have one of the other scents, which is similar in composition to the lemon. Itā€™s ok, but to me, no different than other AS as far as skin feel. I have a great thread at the other place breaking each one down and the differences between the different formulas.

Back