The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Hipster soap
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • Stirling Hipster AS
A few firsts for today's shave. First time using Stirling soap in years, and I like it. I celebrated with a new blade and was rewarded with a very nice shave with minimal touchup required. Here is another first: I set aside an unfinished bottle of AS to go with one to match the soap. As good as the Hipster splash smell, I'll be back to normal tomorrow to use up the remainder of the Dunshire.
D4A0DEFA-2531-4A4D-A950-788C7F2BD046_1_201_a.jpeg

Every shave should feel like that
Agreed, and they often do. It was more the new blade and good lather today.

I'm going to use the soap a couple more days before deciding if it goes into my "elite" status. Only CBL, Shannon's, and LNHC occupy that lofty level for me.

• Stirling Hipster soap (6)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
Two days at the office this week is messing with my usual shaving schedule. Back to normal this morning. Good shave with good gear. My lather has improved these past couple of days, giving me consistently thick, creamy lather to enjoy. Have a great day, Cadre!

• Stirling Hipster soap (6)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Stirling Dunshire splash
Two days at the office this week is messing with my usual shaving schedule. Back to normal this morning. Good shave with good gear. My lather has improved these past couple of days, giving me consistently thick, creamy lather to enjoy. Have a great day, Cadre!
Darn work! Messin up the groove!

How’s Dunshire matching up with Hipster? Well?

Back