The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Bruce was a pizza delivery guy? No way!

We had a local pizza joint in my hometown that was probably my similar to Mandy’s...one parlor, family owned for the longest timely , best slices I’ve probably had to this day. A shame they sold out to a chain a number of years back, it just wasn’t the same.

Bruce was a pizza delivery guy? No way!

We had a local pizza joint in my hometown that was probably similar to Mandy’s...one parlor, family owned for the longest timely , best slices I’ve probably had to this day. A shame they sold out to a chain a number of years back, it just wasn’t the same.
Pizza delivery put money in my pocket when I was in college. Mandy's started as one shop, grew to about a half-dozen around the city, then all were sold and the original owners moved to California and opened another similar business. Locally, there is one left, and it keeps very busy. They've kept old favorites and expanded the menu some. I still enjoy their food.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (28)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • Irisch Moos splash (28)
DFS+ in a relaxed shave.

Getting accustomed to progressive lenses on new frames. Smaller focal areas, but less jarring transitions between the three focal lengths. So far, so good.

Errrr, not that you're old or anything Bruce...Ummm...I just meant like older than 30...or whatever... :D

Errrr, not that you're old or anything Bruce...Ummm...I just meant like older than 30...or whatever... :D
Actually my birth year is in my avatar, so I'm not young. ;)

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (29)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Irisch Moos splash (29)
BBS with a little chin irritation. I'll take it. Not much in store today, just working from home.

Last edited:
See @BarberDave I told ya we need the old man's weekend calls!
Ok we may just have to make the Old Ma Sunday night calls a thing. Call on the "Crumudgeon Call" Or an Hour with " GET OFF MY LAWN, or "Mr. Wilson meets Zoom.

Maybe I will set one up for next week. to see what we can do that could be fun for us "Vintage Folks" LOL

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (30)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Irisch Moos splash (30)
Nice shave today. Two-pass, didn't go ATG on my chin or upper lip. Going to the office for a half-day tomorrow, then back home to finish the work day. I don't know why I bother to shave for work - whenever I'm out of the office I'm wearing a mask.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (31)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • Irisch Moos splash (31)
Near-perfect BBS today. Sorry I missed the zoom call last night - I lost track of time and realized 25 minutes into it. Since the Bingo game was underway I didn't want to join in late. I'll set an appointment alarm for the Sunday call, whatever time it will be. Enjoy your shaves!

Feel free to join in any time! It was still going when I got off 4hrs later. People come and go throughout. @Cvargo needs to remove that thing about a "hard stop" on the zoom instructions.

Back