The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Thanks Bruce, good to know I can do 1 pound at a time instead of splitting the 1 pound bags into halves when roasted.
The roaster seems to handle a lb better than it does 1/2 lb. It mixes a full lb better as the arms rotate around. Enjoy your roasts, Dave!

Thanks Bruce, you too. May do another pound or 2 today (y)
I'll be drinking nothing but peaberry once my current stock runs out, which will be in a day or two. I hope my medium roasts bring out all the flavor, though it's doubtful I'll appreciate all the nuances. However, I'll know whether I like it or not!

Chose not to shave last night or this morning. Working from home tomorrow so I'll shave when I feel like it. It's been awhile since my whiskers will have been so thick.

Tried the medium roast Dominican Peaberry this morning and today. This is the best flavored coffee I've roasted so far. It has layers of flavor; each unique and enjoyable. That's the best I can describe it. :)

Bruce...all your shaves seem to be perfect!
One of the many benefits of 3017ing everything. Been using the Vector since it arrived in January; quickly determined the best blade for me; only using elite for me soaps, and beating it into a great lather with a solid brush and neoprene bowl specifically designed to make great lather promptly. Topped off with a quality splash I know and trust, and I'm good to go. I focus on the shaves, not on the gear, so I'm not constantly dialing in a new razor, blade, brush or soap. I'm dialed in and ready to shave. As long as I pay attention, I get a good shave. I hurried through the lather phase a few days ago and was rewarded with a great deal of irritation.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (21)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • Irisch Moos splash (21)
Pleasant shave today with good results.

We're having company over tonight for the first time ever. Our household of 3 will swell to 5. Birthday celebrations for our sons, one of whom turned 24 today, and his brother turning 28 in 5 days. Cheesecake Factory takeout.

Luuuucky! I was just saying I wish we were a little closer to a Cheesecake Factory last night. Enjoy!

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (22)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • Irisch Moos splash (22)
Never got around to shaving yesterday. I looked up and it was 6pm, so I bagged the notion of shaving till today. BBS with this terrific lineup. It feels good to be cleanshaven again. :)

Back