The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (17)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Irisch Moos splash (17)
Perfect shave this morning, and I feel and smell great. A little yardwork today, just enough to keep me moving for awhile, then I'll settle in for some championship Red Sox baseball, game 3 of the 2007 World Series. :)

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (18)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Irisch Moos splash (18)
Good shave, but my lather wasn't as good as it could have been. Should have whipped into a creamier consistency, but I hurried and it lacked cushion.

Today the Wayback Machine is set on October 2004, with the Evil Empire NY Yankees about to sweep the 7 game ALCS against the plucky Red Sox. Down 3 games to none, the Red Sox refuse to give in.

Going to the office tomorrow, so I'll shave in the evening. Before today's baseball games I'll roast a couple pounds of coffee, a lb each of peaberries. Sweet stuff. Looking to do a medium roast for each.

Going to the office tomorrow, so I'll shave in the evening. Before today's baseball games I'll roast a couple pounds of coffee, a lb each of peaberries. Sweet stuff. Looking to do a medium roast for each.
I've limited to doing a half a pound at a time based on what they recommended the maximum is. Have you done more than that Bruce? How much do you do at a time?

I've limited to doing a half a pound at a time based on what they recommended the maximum is. Have you done more than that Bruce? How much do you do at a time?
Mine says its capacity is 750gm, but I've never exceeded a lb. I always do a lb at a time. I usually buy a lb each of whatever I'm buying. I have about 10 lbs left unroasted.

Today's roast:

EE1C357C-3829-469E-82D5-CFC29FC1A8CD_1_201_a.jpeg

Back