The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (7)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
  • Canoe EDT
Shaved in a bit of a hurry this morning and settled for DFS. I made up for it by adding the Canoe. I have the office door locked; can't waste time with all the women who will be pestering me.

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (11)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
An evening shave today for work tomorrow. In addition to the usual, got the front half of my scalp, and the back of my neck. I do that every week or so to maintain my Clean Cut All-American look. ;) AS to every shaved area, and I smell like the Plague. In a good way.

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (10)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (12)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
BBS,low-fuss shave. One thing I like about the Vector is its narrow, nimble head, which allows me to get into tight spaces around my nose.

In other news, still haven't been able to work from home due to connectivity issues. Very frustrating, but perhaps the card reader they gave me will unlock the firewalls. I'll find out in the morning. Stay safe, Cadre.

Hope they work it out. It's nice to put the pants away for a while.
I think I'm good to go from home for the rest of the week. I was chairing a Skype meeting this afternoon and needed a second screen. Plus, though I now have access to the apps and files I need, finding them is tomorrow morning's task. They are there, but in curious locations.

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (11)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (13)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
DFS+. Too much buffing, out went the blade.

Enjoying working at home. Accessing my work desktop requires me to work through 3-4 firewalls, which is a slow process. Once in, everything returns to normal speed. Got some important notes from yesterday's Skype meeting done this morning, now need to find my email and do some more work. Just finished shaving a few minutes ago - I could grow accustomed to this schedule.Have a great day, Cadre, and don't forget to Vote for Gear Noir! ;) Vote for Gear Noir!

Dang Bruce, that's either crazy tight security or crazy non-efficient IT.

crazy tight security
It's crazy tight, but remember it's the VA, a federal system. We had a terrible security breach years ago when someone brought home a laptop with unencrypted files, and we cannot allow that to happen again. It's a pain, but since my personal and medical info are housed there, I'm grateful for it.

Back