The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (26)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • GTB splash
Back to the Schick's for the best shave since I last used one. I am a believer. I believe it was @NurseDave who predicted this would happen. You were right, sir. A couple of the Feather's gave me BBS shaves, but this blade did that while being totally comfortable and smooth. The Vector/Schick combo is a winner for me. :)

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (27)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • GTB splash
Was too tired to shave last night, but got to it this morning. Another excellent shaving experience with the Schick blade. None works better for me. The soap looks to be about half gone, as is the splash. I've been enjoying the lather I've been getting using the Stirling travel bowl - wish I'd tried bowl lathering long ago. My desire to keep things simple, the fragility of ceramic bowls, and lack of space kept me from using a scuttle all this time. This bowl is small enough to fit upon the shelf even when opened, and the $6 price was tempting enough that it didn't hurt my wallet. It helps me to quickly produce a better lather.

In other news, The Cats have been quite busy this morning.
Cats (2).jpg

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (28)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • GTB splash
Second shave today, to get back on my evening shade routine. To my surprise, there is the beginning of a donut hole in the puck. It's in an old TOBS beige tub, identical in color to the soap, so I missed it earlier. We'll see how far this puck goes - 4 weeks so far. Thought there was more left. Since my whiskers were short, just did an ATG pass tonight for DFS. Good night, Cadre.

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (29)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • GTB splash
Great BBS shave this morning. This combo continues to impress, from the soap, the nubby bowl, razor/blade, to the AS. It's the type of shave I'd wanted for years before wet shaving. It just feels so darned good.

The cats have finally settled down after two of them have spent the last couple of hours in rambunctious play. Sunny morning here in the 'Burgh. When it gets a little warmer I'll open the garage door and roast a couple lbs of coffee. Have a great Saturday, Cadre!

Back