The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

MSB6 - Unscentarama Extraordinaire
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Wonderful Friday shave with this terrific gear. I’m really digging the MSB6 - the blend is absolutely intoxicating:

Top Notes - Unscented (domestic)
Middle Notes - Unscented (imported)
Base Notes - Unscented (origin unknown)

It seems that this soap, with its unique blend of high quality Unscent, is perhaps the best Unscented Soap ever created. I take no credit for it; this was serendipitously discovered after being mixed. As is evident from details above, the combination of domestic, imported, and the secret Unscent, , expertly blended, brings forth a balanced and durable Top Tier Unscented experience. 😊

But wait! There’s more…

Labs drawn yesterday show my red blood cells are again being created in sufficient numbers, thanks to the iron tablets. Blood is good!
That is awesome news Bruce look forward to hearing more about it on Sunday

I got you, Bruce. After 1pm here and no shave yet. Since bridge club starts just after 2, it means a late afternoon shave for me. You can mooch some of my extra hours.

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (9)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

A gracious good day to The Cadre. Currently 81F/27C, raining off and on. A good day to finish watching “Masters of the Air”. Binged a couple episodes this morning, and will resume soon. I think I’m up to episode #9 now, so I’m pretty sure I’m nearly done. Happy Saturday!

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (10)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Hello Cadre, and a happy Monday to one and all. It’s a beautiful day here in the ‘Burgh, sunny and 69F/21C, going up to 77F/25C later.

Finished Masters of the Air this weekend. Very well done companion piece for The Pacific and Band of Brothers. Spielberg and Hanks bring home another classic masterpiece. The Greatest Generation truly was great, well beyond description. The incredible bravery of the pilots and aircrew was really driven home for me - there were like the Gemini astronauts, pushing their metal aircraft to its limits in order to accomplish the mission, hoping that the gear performed as expected.

My pastor to my second and best wedding was a gunner on a B-17 who was shot down and captured and was in a POW prison camp till war’s end. He made a promise to God that if he survived he would do his work for the remainder of his life. And he kept his promise.

Great entry!
Thanks, though no credit to me. I was just thinking about how that generation put up with a lot of crap in their lives. And how my generation basically ignored this and went our own way, more or less. I think it took movies and documentaries from Spielberg and Hanks to truly reach us and touch upon this need to reconnect.

Oh, since I didn’t make it clear, my pastor flew out of England, shot down over Germany, was in a Stalag. He was a sweet little man when I met him in 1986. He must have been something as a young man in 1944, small enough to fit in a ball turret, throwing streams of lead at German aircraft. Remarkable. A very modest man, pastor of my wife’s church, and volunteer pastor at the VA hospital. I really liked everything about the guy, plus he was a genuine American hero.

First thing this morning, at the crack of 9, I checked my calendar and saw it is Whisker Appreciation Day. As a devout whisker appreciator, I am naturally observing this important day. YMMV.

That is all for now.
Bruce be all like...

giphy.gif

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (11)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Let’s all have a happy and safe Fourth of July celebration tomorrow. I mentioned it now in case your celebration begins today. 😉🎉

RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (12)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Here’s hoping you got today off from w#&k (sorry, trying not to swear). Warm and overcast here today: 81F/27C now, will get to 87F/31C later. Taking care of errands today and then will binge some more Jodie Foster’s True Detective. NFL Network is running hour long recaps of the SB’s winners’ seasons. Started yesterday, so you missed the first four good ones which were on then. Today’s featured important shows are on at 7p and 9p. Recorded yesterday’s shows, and will record the two remaining episodes that matter. If you missed the first four, come on over and we’ll watch them. 🏉

Back