The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Congrats on leading your team to victory tonight through sheer force of will, Bruce!
"The power of the Cheer!"
Steelers made it in. Watching Bills v. Dolphins now. If Bills win, we play them. If Dolphins win, we play KC. I very much want to avoid KC. Even when Roethlisberger was playing, they had our number. Can’t remember when we last beat them. Can you, @Spider or @Luecke3262 . I think it’s been years. I don’t expect the Steelers to go far in the playoffs, but I’d like to see them win at least one game! We have a better shot with Buffalo, I believe.

• Sudsy Soapery Unscented Tallow
  • RazoRock Bruce synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (1)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Finally documenting my morning shave, er, lunchtime shave. New blade, excellent lather from Sudsy Soapery. Quiet day at the home front, big news is we had an electrician over to change a couple outdoor lights. Neither I, my sons, nor my wife were able to do it, so this relatively simple job cost us some. Oh well, asi es la vida.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Shaving three consecutive days before noon! WTHeck has gotten into me? This is crazy. Oh well, it’s done. Have a great day, Cadre!
giphy-downsized.gif

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Well, I’ve done it again, another lunchtime shave. This is becoming worrisome. However, it feels better than whiskers, so there’s that. Have a great day, Cadre. Enjoy your shaves.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Friday, Cadre. It’s a brisk, cold day here. Hope you’re all comfortable wherever you reside. I think I’ll stay indoors and sip hot chocolate. Toyed with the idea of using my new Arko stick, but I’d need to set my current soap aside before it’s done, and we all know that kind of behavior is the first step on the slippery slope to Anarchy. I’ll get to it when I get to it. I’ve used it before, but it’s been several years. I vaguely recall that it was a good soap, but I moved on to more exotic soaps at the time. Now that I must be extra careful about the fragrance of my soap, I’ll give it another try. My wife’s allergies thus far have been immune to “soapy” flavors i.e., MWF, to which she was impervious. Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash, with its light lemony, smell doesn’t bother her either. So we shall see. :)

Back