The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I had every intention of shaving early this morning before an 8am dentist appointment. I woke up less motivated, so I shaved after I got back. Shaving with half my face numb was quite an experience. I had to be extra careful to not bear down or buff simply because it caused no discomfort. Guess once the feeling fully returns I'll learn how carefully I shaved.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (3)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm

Last edited:
I had every intention of shaving early this morning before an 8am dentist appointment. I woke up less motivated, so I shaved after I got back. Shaving with half my face numb was quite an experience. I had to be extra careful to not bear down or buff simply because it caused no discomfort. Guess once the feeling fully returns I'll learn how carefully I shaved.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
giphy.gif

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette (birth yr/qtr)/Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Forgot to use my birth year/quarter upon my birthday earlier this month. I don't like using 2 razors, or blades, or soaps, or AS simultaneously, so that's likely why I forgot. To make up for it, I am using my first vintage razor ever purchased, one of the 3 vintage Gillettes I have left. I may use up all the GSBs in the tuck, or longer, we'll see. The razor and blade combo worked really well for me, cutting off a thick growth effortlessly.

Spring appears to have taken root now: flowers and budding bushes & trees everywhere.

Back