The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Bruce prepped his day so early he's already done with it.
Not quite unfortunately, but close.
Hope the appointment went well and you have a great day too Bruce!
I believe it did.
Even if the appointment is not on Zoom, pants are still important.
Especially important today. It was a medical appointment at the hospital. Had I forgotten to wear pants again, they probably would have cuffed me and taken me to the locked psychiatric unit.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (Chupacabra base) Unscented (19)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm
Happy Friday, Cadre. Drizzly and mild at 50F/10C and it looks to be this way all day. Wrapping up a busy week of appointments, and looking forward to next week's activities.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
First use of the SS Unscented. The list of aromas I can't smell in this is too long to spell out, suffice it to say it is massive. I'd rate the Unscent at 10/10 as its coverage is complete. No complaints about the lather, it whips up easily with moderate water, and is both slick and cushioning. There is a generous 4.5oz nearly filling the TOBS-sized container. This is unfortunate, because some lather inevitably spills out over the container lip if I splay my 22mm synthetic brush even halfway. Won't be a problem in a couple weeks I suppose, but for now it's messy and annoying. The soap's performance is top notch.

Last edited:
  • Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
Sunny and chilly at 38F/3C on this first spring day. Like clockwork, winter ends the same time annually, and we move into warmer weather. Have a great day, Cadre.

. Like clockwork, winter ends the same time annually, and we move into warmer weather.
giphy.gif

That soap is like the black hole of any defining characteristics.
To help your better understand the breadth and scope of this Unscent, here is a partial list of what this soap does NOT smell like:

Patchouli
Lime
Coconut
Lime & Coconut
Orange
Spam
Lime & Spam & Orange & Spam
Beer barf
Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Spam & Bacon & Roasted Oatmeal Stout & Spam...

I hope this partial list helps you pinpoint this very complex, layered flavor within the Spectrum of Unscent. I agree, it's difficult to describe.

Back