The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

The Pirates are all that counts
I root for the Red Sox too. The difference rooting for the Pirates is that I expect very little from them. Remember, we went 25+ years with consecutive losing seasons. With the Red Sox, they always have a chance of making a run for it, or so it seems. With 4 WS titles since 2004, I am more than happy with the pleasure this team has brought me. Of course, I'd love more titles for all the teams for whom I root. Why not? I'm a fan.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (Chupacabra base) Unscented (6)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm
Sunny and 70F/21C. A one-day dose of spring today; it returns to the 40s-50sF for the next few days. Let's enjoy the day, Cadre! :)

Interesting experience this morning which I neglected to mention earlier. I sprayed Liquid Wrench on a couple of squeaky door hinges, and got some on my fingers, leaving a very strong petroleum smell on me. I then shaved, using Shannon's Soaps Nil (Chupacabra base) Unscented. The Unscent in this soap is astounding! I don't know where Shannon's source of Unscent is, but it may be the best in the world. Let's face it, some Unscent is better than others. After whipping up the lather, the subtle smell of Unscent filled the room (it's a powder room, so this happens very quickly). I didn't realize till I was done that my fingers no longer had even the faintest aroma of petroleum. Shannon's secret source of Unscent did the trick. (y)

Interesting experience this morning which I neglected to mention earlier. I sprayed Liquid Wrench on a couple of squeaky door hinges, and got some on my fingers, leaving a very strong petroleum smell on me. I then shaved, using Shannon's Soaps Nil (Chupacabra base) Unscented. The Unscent in this soap is astounding! I don't know where Shannon's source of Unscent is, but it may be the best in the world. Let's face it, some Unscent is better than others. After whipping up the lather, the subtle smell of Unscent filled the room (it's a powder room, so this happens very quickly). I didn't realize till I was done that my fingers no longer had even the faintest aroma of petroleum. Shannon's secret source of Unscent did the trick. (y)
Maybe it forms a little scent black hole…defying the laws of physics

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (Chupacabra base) Unscented (9)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm
Productive morning of taking care of business and odds and ends. Sunny and 62F/17C now. Have a great day, Cadre!

Back