The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Tuesday evening 8/30/22
  • CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (28)
  • Razorock synthetic Bruce
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (6)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Today 9/1/22
  • CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (29)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (7)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Met a friend for coffee Wednesday morning, so I shaved Tuesday evening. And again today. The blade is holding up well. Beautiful early fall weather here; the air smells so fresh. :)

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (31)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (9)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
A satisfying Monday shave, leaving me clean and refreshed, not to mention smooth skinned. I missed KJ's shave on the Zoom last night. Hopefully, it was recorded for posterity. Have a great Monday, Cadre. :)

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (10)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 splash
New soap today. It lathers quickly and performs well. Didn't have the soap : water ratio quite where it needed to be, but I'll do better tomorrow. The Nivea passed another impromptu Sheri test.

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (1)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Back to the DSC post shave cream. I'll likely use it till gone, then pick another AS to use up. Fresh blade today - Kai's seem to start to fade at about 9-10 shaves for me. Result today is exceptionally close and smooth. Have a great afternoon and evening, Cadre!

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Smooth clean noontime shave today. Had to shave in time for the Steelers game, at the Bengals. If the Steelers play up to The Standard, we have a chance, otherwise the Bengals could dominate.

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (5)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (4)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
A cleanshaven day, unlike yesterday, when I was passable but not presentable. The Windows 10 laptop I've been using has gone nuts and now TSC opens at about 2-3 pt fonts - I kid you not. I've got to scroll the window open wide to read it. It's the laptop; it does so many screwy things that I consider this to be just one more. So I'm on a Mac desktop to post today. Hope we're all having a good day.

Perhaps the viewing setting were inadvertently changed? I know I accidentally do it sometimes on the iPhone, hitting something that reduces the font size until it fiddle with the setting and put it back at normal.

Back