The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (19)
  • Razorock Chubby Silvertip
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring razor/Super-Max Titanium blade (2)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Excellent shave this morning. Really enjoying this brush. When it arrived, the bristles smelled faintly like a barbershop scent, but it's starting to take on the scent of my soap, which is nice.

Have a great day, Cadre. :)

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (20)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring razor/Super-Max Titanium blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Leisurely early afternoon shave on a sultry Saturday here in the 'burgh. Did a couple errands, then it was back inside to the AC to watch some exhibition football. Steelers play at 7pm tonight, so you'll know where to find me. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. :)

Yup, another last minute win for the Steelers. Jacksonville dominated much of the game. Steelers have 3 QBs who have played well this early, creating an interesting situation for the team. Next week's game ought to be fun, with Detroit coming to town. It'll be something of a grudge match, as they played to an ugly tie last season, in a game both teams seemed determined to lose. It was a miserable, rainy, cold game with a lot of sloppy play.

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (21)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring razor/Super-Max Titanium blade (4)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Great gear gave me a great shave today. We had a couple hours of rain this morning, some of it torrential, along with some fun thunder and lightning. It cleared up late morning, giving me enough time to get to the grocery store for a couple fresh doughnuts for me and apple butter for Sheri's pumpkin spice English muffins. Now it appears it may rain again. Whatever, I had a successful jaunt this morning.

Zoom call at 7pm eastern tonight. @BarberDave will be doing a stunt shave, which promises to be fun. PM him to get the Zoom link and join the peanut gallery as we cheer him on! The more, the merrier! 😁

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (22)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Super-Max Titanium blade (5)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Almost forgot to post today's shave. My apologies, I know some check to see what new stuff I'm using.

The Zoom call last night was riotously funny. @BarberDave shaved using guacamole, and many comments ensued regarding @Majorrich watch manufactured by a company named "Uranus". Really.

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (23)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Super-Max Titanium blade (6)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Pretty sure this Parker is synthetic - I'll go with that unless corrected. Produced a perfect lather nearly instantly. The blade required a fair amount of touchup under my chin, so it got tossed afterward. The razor continues to impress me with its simplicity and ease of use. I typically avoid 3-pc razors, and I prefer a fatter handle, but I'm glad I bit on this one. According to Mr Razor, it was produced 1905 -21, making it 100+ years old. I'd say it has stood the test of time. :)

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (24)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (1)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
First ever use of a Kai blade. Years ago, I balked at buying them because of the price. My fear was that if I liked them, I'd have to always buy them, given my desire to use only the finest products. Well, I like them. I have two tucks on hand, and don't know if I'll buy more when they are gone. Fortunately, I have a ton of blades to work through before having to decide. This morning I enjoyed the closest shave I've had in recent memory. I'll just have to see how the others compare. The Parker brush again performed superbly.

Have a great day, Cadre. :)

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (25)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (2)
  • Nivea 2 in 1
A second superlative Kai blade shave. Closer than close, totally clean skin. I'm taking a chance on the Nivea: while the scent is light, it lingers for 5 - 10 minutes, so I'll see if it bothers my wife. Hope not; I like the stuff. Reminds me faintly of AV. I must thank @NurseDave for enabling me. He made this possible by noting one seller wasn't charging shipping. Works for me.

Back